Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sallies to repurchase shares?

bangbul
Regular Contributor
Sallies seeks authority to repurchase shares at an. meeting! What's up. They got money somewhere? Appreciate any take on this, thanks.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
what shares are they going to purchase? They have about R50m in cash, and they have a pref share that is paying out something like 20%. So if they are going to use the cash to buy back the pref shares, great - it will reduce their long term debt.
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Circular states; both ordinary shares& convert. debentures. Also state they can honour order for calender year 2009 without mining. No ref. to value of inventries.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
What is the link between Sallies and SNU???
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Nothing. Sorry, just clicked on new topic while reading Sal's circular.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I calculate their inventories to be around R60m, and if they are rebuying their debentures, then I am starting to get interested in this stock again. My read into this is that their cash flow situation must be improving if htey are taking these steps (or else they have calculated that they can't survive with those debentures chewing their cash reserves)
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
Maybe bit of both? Repurchase of ord. shares puzzled me, suppose higher share value & lower return rate might motivate convertion of deb.
0 Kudos