Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Satrix40

Maddog
Regular Contributor
I know this question has been asked before many times but i cannot find the thread on the chat forum. Where do i find the shares that make up the top 40 fund?????I have tried the satrix website but still nothing
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
theyoungster
Super Contributor
satrix website: go to top40 factsheet its a .pdf doc.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Key Market Statistics> List of Indices> Click on "TOPI"
0 Kudos
Jughead
Contributor
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Strange . . . I count 42 entries here.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya an last time you counted there was 41 .. tis investec and mondi twice, once local once UK ..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Aha! . . . should be renamed satrix40ish . . .
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Why is BTI not on this list ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it is a foriegn listing ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I dont quite understand that.. she trades on our market.. so the index can aquire and track it and since it has the largest market cap..Its not like its insignificant...surley, please expalin.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tis a sarb ruling .. you know that it is consider foriegn and as such goes towards companies off shor limits, so they have to sell down .. but then how are they different to agl, bil, oml, etc .. me thinks because these others co's got special deals when they listed international ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nah with its weighting and its steady price performance it would ***** up the ALSI volitility.. brokers won;t like that..me thinks..miners on the other hand exacibate the vols..great for trading comms..
0 Kudos