Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Service levels

Not applicable
I believe one of the other respected financial publications may be looking at something similar for trading platforms...http://www.fin24.co.za/articles/business/display_article.aspx?Nav=ns&lvl2=buss&ArticleID=1518-1786_2...
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
I must just add that whenever I have managed to speak to anyone at SFM they have been incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and have given great service which has exceeded expectation so it seems to be a system and capcity issue more than anything else
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
But for how long has this capacity issue been going on?. I also agree that they are always helpfull but at the end off the day that dosnt bring the money that you have lost back.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
If I may add my 1c - being in this business, things do not always go as planned. There are external factors that one have to rely on (like our belovered Telkom). This platform is doing well with "little" hickups. I also hold a share acoount with Absa Online - you do NOT want to know ! Because I do not trade that often, I "try" to live with it due to the low brokerage cost.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
I have a trading acoount with PSG...why dont i ever have this kind off probleme there??
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Say no more .......
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
just out of curiosity why would you want more than one trading account is it in case one of them goes down?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes of course there are things beyond anyone's control but there does need to be some kind of redreess when things go wrong...the consumer should not be the only one who suffers in the end. The airline industry is now getting its act together and pasengers will soon/do have have legal recource if what the pay for and is pomised is not delivered. In the US there is a big move to minimum service level agreements - i.e. I pays my money and this is what I expect...if you dont deliver X level of service you pays me back. Instead of you just signing a long long list of conditions and an agreement that is totally designed to protect the interests of only one party consumers in the US are asking the other party agree to certain minimum servive levels before they agree to dutifully hand over money on a regular basis.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I had the Absa account for a long time, brokerage is much cheaper - only reason. I trade warrants on this forum.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
I have 2 accounts because PSG has this brilliant platform (like price streamer)but with a huge advantage, you can trade from within this platform...something that Standard Bank has promised to look at for ages now.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
...by the way, thank you for the compliment !!
0 Kudos
Nolan
Contributor
I know that Nedbank is launching a share trading platform, looks like the BOE trading website.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I also use the PSG price streamer and intra day graphs - very well organized.
0 Kudos