Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Setting up an Investment Club...

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
err barry, you need to upgrade your friends?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi DC. A colleague and i have just set one up. We are both accountants and it really depends on what you are to do with the excess cash as tro what vehicle to use. We have set up a trust as funds can be distributed to others and therefore taxable in tehir personal capacities. However a trusts non-distributed profits are taxed at a rate of 40%. A CC and Pty are taxed at 29%. So it is really a matter of what you want to do. Trusts are cheaper and easier to form as well. In my opinion a trust is a way to go. Just ensure you have all clauses well documented or it could get ugly. PS - I had to bail from the sallies ship. If you dock at my port i might however jump on again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A group of us have toyed with the idea of an investment club, and recently started meeting once a month, then twice a month, until the club became such an excellent idea put into action, we now meet on average 3 times a week. You would be amazed at how much yo can learn just by being in the company of like-minded people, sharing the same outlook and enjoying the same views as you do. Anyone interested,contact me about joining the club. We meet at Teazers.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Good point Simon,perhaps a too extreme,but what i was trying to say is niggling differences of opinion can turn such a venture sour if trading conditions take a turn for the worse.However Goldfingers suggestion to meet at Teasers overcomes all my reluctance and that is a jolly good idea !
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
So are u mostly long or short and do you keep minutes of whats worked and what not?

Ive been toying with the concept of trading LD over TD whilst keeping the big picture view with a SD, but still have to put my money where my mouth is (literally!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LD's, TD's and SD's are fine, but the Clubs golden rule is: Trade in STD's and you're out!
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
A big deposit always follows regular withdrawals and re-entrys. As with most investments, as soon as you withdraw, and remain so for an extended period, you lose interest. Its called the Loopy-Banana theory.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
....snigger.... now go home all of you, put on those aprons that say "kiss the cook" cos your mother-in-law thought it was funny, and get started on those breakfast dishes. NOW.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Do you have any form of protection set up in your clud that prevents its members from trading in STDs or is it purely on a trust basis?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Norton Anti-Virus, but Norton being our most popular lap-dancer means theres always a que to download her ;)On the plus side, you've never seen a Floppy turn into a Stiffy and a hard-drive cook the way she does, and boy you should see her Ram! Her ports do get a bit sticky at the end of a days work, but nothing a disk-cleanup wont fix.
0 Kudos