Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shocking level of service

Not applicable
website unavailable/patehtically slow and then you cant get through to call centre....unacceptable - other sites I trade on answer within one or 2 rings any time of the day or night.....held on for 7 min and then eventually rung off...
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
ABuzz
Super Contributor
ABSOLUTELY! Every time I tried to click on anything this morning it impolitely just logged me off and I was forced to log on again (and extremely slowly at that) When we pay for a service we expect service, not snails!
0 Kudos
trykid
Contributor
Yip Pathetic!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
""""""""""""""""""" NULL Public Archive 58565 5 2007-04-16 10:03:47.277 Re:Shocking level of service 1073045419 58557 58557 0 58557 1 Propose a refund of our April monthly subscription fee... NULL Public Archive 58566 5 2007-04-16 10:03:59.870 Re:Shocking level of service 1073030541 58557 58557 0 58557 1 site is back to normal as I type. apologies for earlier outage. NULL Public Archive 58567 5 2007-04-16 10:04:40.730 Re:Shocking level of service 1073026562 58557 58557 0 58557 1 This actualy very scary...what if you had to make very urgent shales?? NULL Public Archive 58568 5 2007-04-16 10:05:30.137 Re:Shocking level of service 1073028970 58557 58557 0 58557 1 simon, please ensure that our dissatisfaction is conveyed in the strongest terms to the technical team. we realise problems happen, but in this context when they do they have the potential to costs us lots of money. i realise this is not your fault or responsibility simon, but if you could convey our dissatisfaction to the management of the responsible area, that would be greatly appreciated. since you are the only face" of SFM that we have access to here.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
would have replied earlier but been logged off 7 times this morning... hope this reply is successful...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for the feedback Simon, one word however - Contingency - u gotta be able to cope with phone calls if the site goes down. also a suggestion...remove the standard bank plugs while you are hanging on ...people resent this as you are using my time and airtime to promote your brand through SFM's lack of efficiency...it actually does more harm than good to you brand...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This just shows that the system can not handle under pressure I wonder what the fault was this time??
0 Kudos
Sanity
New Contributor
Blah Blah Blah. Chartist hey! - chart your way to a deserted island and stay there!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
trust me that everybody here knows that down time is an issue.
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
Sanity, you try holding a large position and not feel agrieved about not being able to phone in a trade when the site is down. i think any response no matter how bad is justified here. Contingency should be in place to grab all hands on deck to man the phones in this scenario.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Theres a big difference between knowing downtime is an issue and doing something about it. Crisis management means it WILL repeat soon. Probably a management problem. Time for a shake-up @ SFM!
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
I agree, this is unacceptable Simon, you have no reason to apologize, to my understanding, you are jus the face on this forum and the 1 that bares the brunt of the client facing consequences. But maybe you could answer a few questions, What are SFM's the contingency plans?
To me, a call centre doesn't cut it, it wouldhv 5 years ago, but not today.
Are there Service Level Agreements with stockcentral for the price streamer? In a real time environment, a duplicate back up server that you can switch to is essential, does SFM have 1?
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
And while you at it Simon...why dont i have these problemes with PSG-Online...im trading as per normal this morning and always when Standard Bank have these funny problems...another thing...they dont block a simple trade when i might short R20,00 to complete a deal...with Standrad Bank i must quickly go to my personal account and transfer the money, just to relize i have missed the deal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Good point, I reckon they should look at a simple overdraft facility which from a business point of view is a done deal.. Win/win situation. we have access to the cash in the case of emergency and they make the buck from the interest charged on the overdraft...for me to topup my account since im an fnb banker takes 2 to 3 days (and they dont let you deposit cash so Im screwed when i see a good buy but short in the account...
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
I think PSG takes a very simple stand and that is if i buy R50 000,00 worth off shares and already have R100 000,00 portfolio, why bother about R20,00....sure there will be a limit.
0 Kudos