Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Short BIL

kwagga
Super Contributor
I'm not really a fan of shorting anything, but BIL seems to be running out of steam. It's has for a few days gone nowhere slowly after a strong start every morning (1,8% up this morning - 0.10% right now). It seems to be overbought and I think that the time will be right soon to go short on this big boy. Over 100% run from Jan 4 this year - incredible. Timing will be of essence, because you wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of this share. Omo, but opinions welcome. R 241, 20 and counting down.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
asylum
Super Contributor
Have a look at MLA as well if you want to short has been going very strong and is well into overbought. Monday the 22 October it will trade ex capital reduction and i think it will drop a fair bit.omo
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Double head on the cards for this big boy. Let wait and see how this pans out?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kwagga, if you're not a fan of shorting - why do it?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Simon, bad habit I guess. I'll only ever short anything if the odds seem to be on my side and BIL is not there yet.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
The problem with these double heads, double bottoms, and all the other formations is that they're always after the fact. Just trade with the trend, and forget about double this and double that.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Going short with great expectations.omo
0 Kudos