Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Shorting BIL and NPN

Not applicable
Hi, which would be the best way to short BIL or NPN on this trading platform? thanks
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable
Single stock futures (SSF)
0 Kudos
faure
Frequent Contributor
I'll be the one on the other side of those trades.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
why would you short BIL? It's soaring at the moment.. could hardly be more bullish. Was it really the weakest share you could find on the index?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Guys.No not thinking of shorting them at the moment, but if the situation changes, I like to do my homework early.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reminds me of the time I went skiing in Aspen. All the down that glorious and silky smooth mountain, I didnt waste any time enjoying the view or my skiing... I spent it planning and thinking of my trip back up to the summit by cable-car.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Antsy... I am not sure if you are aware of BIL buy back programme. They are going to be buying R70 billion rands worth of their own stock that represents about half a years trade on the JSE so dont expect any radical down side on this one in the near future, I would like to suggest that you view any weakness as a great entry point into a long trade instead.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
OK. Bad dog Antsy, no more trading for the week! Thanks again Guys, I will do more research before trying my ultra common sense again. Enjoy the weekend all
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Ansty I am not saying you are wrong or right I am just suggesting you trade in the dirrection of this very powerful trend.
0 Kudos