Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Silly Question maybe?

Jay_1
Occasional Contributor
I made a sale 2 days ago and need to transfer the cash into my SBK account. Apparently the funds only clear in 5 working days. has this always been like this? I would love to know the reason for the delay..........Is it just so that SBK can score the extra 0.25% early settlement fees. Thanx
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Samir
Super Contributor
Always like this... with any broker for that matter.
0 Kudos
Dilligaff2
Frequent Contributor
IMHO-It's based on historical cheque-clearing times, so it is actually possible to do this realtime,near realtime or overnight, given STRATE, de-materialised shares and that many transactions are done online.... Be interesting to hear from SPB on this
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
been like this for ages, it's called T+5, used to be T+7 and before that the following Tuesday was settlement day. An yes a hang over from the days of paper scripts that had to be delivered. As for the interest, on a sale you only start earning after five days, but on a purchase you earn for the 5 days after the sale.
0 Kudos