Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simmers: Why the sudden drop?

Jason_1
Contributor
Hi, Please can someone shed the light why over the last few days this share is being hurt so badly? Thanks
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
Article on Moneyweb yesterday about one of the major shareholders (Jagarda - something like that with links to Luke Watsons Uncles, Manager of the Springboks and the late Brett Kebble. Also, saw the share price of BUM (sorry FUM) take a massive wack - SIM owns about 68% of BUM. Possible reaction to all this news.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
I don't think the Moneyweb article had anything to do with it. But, ask other frumites about Simmers and one word comes to mind... Patience
0 Kudos
Jason_1
Contributor
Thanks Samir, should one be buying more at these lower levels?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Better buy, simmer is already climbing - new sens released.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interesting to have a look at the Simmers Chart using a 12 and 26 day SMA and including the RSI. Then back test over the last 12 months. Appears SIM is ready for yet another run.
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
I dunno! They haven't paid a dividend forever - now they want to raise more capital. Zarp got me out of it with perfect timing early this week (see his post) and I'm glad to be out after having done very nicely on it.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
This is your Capitan speaking - do not confuse a opportunity with a slight correction/profit take. Confucius says: "Man under car with tool in hand not neccesary machanic"
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
They doing a roadshow to raise the money. Wonder if SFM will be invited. You could prob get it at a discount to the market,depending on how they structure it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Arent the miners at Simmers on strike?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah, they went back to work on Sunday Night, since Monday share price has dropped. Workers, PLEASE go back on strike.
0 Kudos
Clembo
Contributor
The mechanic is starting to look like a guru!
0 Kudos