Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Simon - please explain

ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Simon. On this mornings SENS it says that the one director, Seabrooke, bought 5 million shares on 24 August. However, the site, which I pressume is a direct translation of the JSE, only shows 258 000 shares trading that day. Which shares were they and on which exchange were they traded? By comparison, Kennelly bought some 250 000, which was also reported on SENS and which can be clearly seen as being a transparent/visible transaction on the site for that days trade.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Taurus
Super Contributor
Same thing happened to ISA a while back..im still waiting for his awnser...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
does teh sens state teh transaction date or are you assuming the bought on the date of issue of the sens?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
these trades happen off market, but are disclosed on SENS ito JSE regulations. Seabrooke's purchase occurred at 60 cps, but they have not traded there in that volume for a long while...
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Simon - the SENS states that transaction date.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hi Simon - any explanation?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't know the details of every director transaction. Contact the company sec., they'll have the answers.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Shame Abuzz, you waited all that while for his answer and thats all that you get... lol..
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Simon, it is not a question of just this transaction, the question is a general one, as this seems to happen sporadically with a number of shares. Somehow trades happen with Directors and they aren't recorded through the JSE. Is the JSE the only mechanism by which to trade or not. Essentially there is no JSE record for this transaction (yes, there is a SENS about it, but it doesn't show in the daily sales volume), so it isn't part of the company's trades, nor would I expect it is part of the JSE's, so if there are a number of these happening, the JSE's reported figures are not accurate. Maybe they care about that even though you don't.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, and there are a few possibilties and I would be guessing if I said what had happened. Hence my honest suggestion to contact the source.
0 Kudos