Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Slow site speed from Uk

Not applicable
I'm accessing this site while on a visit to the UK. I'm finding this site (only) to be INCREDIBLY SLOW. Anyon expeienced the same...any explanation..?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
asylum
Super Contributor
yes very slow from home as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could Simon PB or anyone else shed some light on what's being done to sort it out. This is slower than dial up when accessing the site from England - it's painful.
0 Kudos
aaronbennett
Contributor
i FEEEEEEEEEEL your pain!!!! Qatar is no better and im closer to SA!!! what a pain!!!
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
I use a 3G Vodafone modem, the one marketed at 3,6MB/s. During business hours the OST site downloads around 15-25kB/s; access to IG Index on the UK downloads around 900kB/s. (I run both links open all day, downloading megabytes of graphs and reports from both sites, so this observation is not a thumb suck). After 20h00 the OST connection improves to around 200kB/s. OST should improve bandwidth on their side.
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
not only confined to OST. its standard bank in general and i think prob is on their side. its been like this for a couple of days. started with all local links being slow a few days ago due to a VERIZON problem. (maybe MTN trying to get a discount ;) but now other local sites are fine, SB still struggling.
0 Kudos