Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Standard Bank serious!!!!!

Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
Trying to get FICA compliant with Standard Bank is a nightmare. I have sent my documents by courier twice yet to no avail. The call centre is a joke. There is no one to contact at SB share online. Do they really care? I will be sending a registered letter tomorrow discontinuing my service and continuing with another platform that is far better organised.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tango
Super Contributor
I've had the same problem with other divisions in SB. Went into a physical branch twice. SB still says that I am not compliant. Apparently they have a record of receiving my docs, but they were lost some where internally. And they couldn't be bothered to make sure you are compliant with all part of the bank - Card Division, Home Loans, Cheque accounts - it's as if they all live on different planets
0 Kudos
Marko_1
Contributor
It wasn't easy, but I had the same problems. I was then lucky enough to end up with a local Std Bank customer service agent that told me about a doc named " Related Accounts Information"
After completing (& then being lucky to have it processed without loss or mis-inputs) all things from business to personal were FICA compliant in one fell swoop !
Only time it wouldn't work is between OST & Std Bank personal/business current account, as well as the Stanlib crew - u can't win 'em all.
Good luck guys.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Same problem in Durbs. One idiot passes it on to the next and before you know it, your docs are missing/lost/not apprpriate... The excuses go on and on.
0 Kudos
Goldbull
Frequent Contributor
The saga continues I do not have a current account at SB. Today I have called the call centre twice. The last conversation with the person fielding calls says that the system does not function properly. Documents tend to get lost for no inexplicable reason. I suggested to him if I sent SB R100 000 would they receive it or would a similar thing occur. SB 'stuff you' attitude is a warning to potential new account holders.
0 Kudos
Marko_1
Contributor
It's all rather ridiculous anyway :
The majority of us John & Jane Citizen make the attempt to comply with FICA but will the criminals make this same attempt ?
Afterall the reasons behind FICA legislation is to have better control over banks, banking facilities to minimise money laundering etc.
What happens if I now move house to another province & either do or don't notify the bank(s) of my move ?
Can I blame the banks' admin dept's for "mis-placing" my doc's & then argue from there ?
{The criminals will prob'ly submit their addresses on forged doc's which the bank will accept without question leaving John & Jane Citizen with their proverbial finger up their proverbial again.}
Can't win 'em all but for *'s sake when does honest Joe win a few from time to time in the beaurocracy battles.
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
This is a problem with most of the banks, not just SB. Certain branch of ASA, the service is ridiculous compared to other branches. But in my experience FNB is the worst...
0 Kudos