Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Steffanuti and Bressan Listing

Not applicable
Any comments about buying this share?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Veteran Company. Looks good. Not sure about the R10 to R12 level. Hope we get them at R10 and they list at R12? My only questions here is when do we know how many shares we will get so the available cash in my trading account can be freed up for other things.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Guess u will prob get a 5% allocation on S&B. Std Bank doesn't seem to be the favoured firm when it comes to invitations and I doubt they will be the favoured firm when it comes to the actual allocations. Would rather tie up money in Brikor instead of S&B as you will prob getter a better allocation since Brikor hasn't been so publicised as S&B has.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Could you please tell me where can I get info about Brikor ? Do they have an IPO ?
0 Kudos
MoMoney
Occasional Contributor
I bet you Standard will get zero allocation, that means nothing for you either. Remember BWI?
0 Kudos
today
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
MoMoney, kind word of my thoughts....I think not getting BWI would have been in your better interest. Assume you had R50,000 in your account. A R50,000 application would have got you about R750 worth of BWIshares. If you sold today at closing price, that would have been about R500 profit after costs. Hardly worth the effort. If you did not apply for BWI, the R50,000 would have been at your disposal and if you were brave, you could have surfed TOPDWM and made a better return during that time. Similarly, everyone knows that your allocations on the S&B listing are gonna be as bad as Raubex and Afrimat, so , save yourself the effort now and make some good trades from now till listing date and then buy at a premium on listing date. Note that you must make enought profit now to cover your premium on list in order for it to be worth your while.
0 Kudos