Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TASSA investigation - Clive Roffey

Not applicable
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
I forgot to add - TASSA would like to know if there are other people that feel the same so please post comments if you have a view...
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Very interesting. They seem to be serious about protecting their member's interests. They sure have given you a sh!tload of homework to substantiate your claims. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. All I can say is that if you're a public figure like Roffey and you make suggestions and recommendations, you create a general perception with the ill informed public that evolves in taking a certain amount of blame and responsibility for your suggestions/recommendations. I don't know how far you took this matter, but from the sound of it quite far. Good luck in stating your case and keep us posted.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes kwagga - I dont expect much if anything will come of this - just like most "prefessional organisations" they rally around to protect their members which is OK - just wish they would be honest with themselves as to what their mandate actually is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Whoa C-Man....seems like this issue has reached a point of no return. Personally I'm surprised you took it this far....anyway god luck. BTW also started a blog yesterday, born outta sheer boredom......http://blogspace.mweb.co.za/default.aspx?alias=dinen&init
0 Kudos
Not applicable
careful Chartist.....this is a public platform and can be used against you. The Roffster is not gonna take this lying down.....so if I were you, I would refrain from any opinionated comment until this issue has taken it's formal course. omo
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I sent Roffey email in early December right after DRD fell over and he came out with his 'chat room know-it-alls' comments. This was when the price had plummetted to about the 650 mark, and he was saying that it was an amazing buying opportunity. Well, we know what happened next - there was no buying trigger and he was simply calling it because it looked 'cheap'. The problem I have with Clive Roffey's behaviour is not that he got any particular call wrong, but simply that his ego is so out of control that he can't objectively see a bad trade. Good trading discipline would be to cut a losing DRD position and look for another opportunity. His reputation would be intact if he had said - 'buy DRD if it breaks X level, with a stop at Y. This is a high-probability trade in my opinion.' On the failure of the trade he could have moved on.
0 Kudos