Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TOPDWQ

Not applicable
Ag shame, some clown just bought 400,000 @ 195c. Thats R780k, about R200k more than they're worth. Hint: Rich fools shouldn't play in the sea.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Maybe he knows something we don't. Like the 50k boys the other day!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Doubt it beep, could've bought 8 traunches of 50,000, for 45c less. Nope, i;m afraid this guy just made a BIG mistake.
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Maybe he thinks its a bank account or unit trust OR somebody told him the sky was going to fall in and no matter what he pays he will make big bucks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
maybe he was just listening to some of the forumites...?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Or maybe some of the forumites think they know it all?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes but we all know that...myself included..
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Agreed LOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Eh? What are you saying? This wasn't a mistake, and in actual fact a good move by the trader, or just desperate for a stab?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
desperate for a stab...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hehheh. I dont swing that way.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Any body investing or should i say trading 780K without first knowing what he is doing would be madness, but there again its a strange world we live.I'm not saying your wrong or right super but there again who knows.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
It could be a no cost collar. Ie down side protection off set against the real portfolio. ie today is critical in this guys view and so removes himself from the market by equalizing his up and down side risk, there are many ways to skin a cat, most traders this size trade the futures market not waves.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
mm, did think of that possibility, but in such a rush against the downside that you can't trade it at fair value over 30 minutes?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Super I dont follow this and truth is it was prob some dude taking a bath, I just put that in to give another possibility.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, he/she is down 200k already, well done to the one that made the profit
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Profit - that will be Hanz
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Maybe just a tax right off!
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
I think he is about to get some of that 200k back!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hey super idego they found the clown that put down that 780k check it out:http://www.citizen.co.za/index/article.aspx?pDesc=38946,1,22
0 Kudos