Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Take no notrice as just keeping my notes here !

barry_1
Super Contributor
The whole market in bear slump today ,things couldna be worse for resources etc. I notice LBT is forming a wedge ,bottom rising faster than top coming down.In my book only one small buy signal.Now Simon does not beleive in wedges.LBT has been falling for the last three months since 2 April.Since i have the actual share which i'm keeping for three years and am now contemplating adding installments,i must really have my head checked as i think i'm nuts!Must have a look at previous posts as well.
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi B. For long term holders these red patches are a gift. You can stock up on oversold blue chips and forget about them for a few years. Not always easy to buy tho, always have that niggling thought that this could be the big one. I bought some IMP instalments yesterday and some AGL instalments today. Just buy, pour a drink, and go sit in the sun. Beautiful day here.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi,rough day,i bought AGLSTA this morning to get in again after stop -losses got me out a couple of days ago,did something wrong and blow me,if i was'nt taken out by eleven am ! cost me more that i would have liked.Thats the difficulty with installments as they trade jerkily and sometimes difficult to set a stop-loss at the right price.hav'nt the guts to go in again today.i would really like to get my hands on those Mondis.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
barry, we've started doing all out stops on end of day prices only, not intraday. It has saved us from countless needless stop outs. It's worked brilliantly, obviously the risk is that you can take a big knock.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Barry
Since SPB is hiding his and SFM's analysts' views from us, do you feel that AGL is worth getting into to get Mondis?
D
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
As Simon says the actual value at the moment they are issued wont change as every 100 AGL will be reduced to 91,but in my opinion only as one get the MONDIs free of costs at a price which probably is a little discounted of their real value it should be a good deal and further more in my opinion only they are going to be in great demand as this company is much better run than Sappi,i'll be buying further to make up to decent amounts Asap.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks thats a very good tip,especially if there has been a trade in late afternoon.Think i'll try that.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yeah, if we close below our stop we sell the next day, no matter what. Funny thing is, everytime the share in question has opened green, and we've sold into that stregth, only to see it tanking later in the day. It's as if the market gives you a chance.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry, just to add. An advantage of end of day trading is that if we decide to buy, we can gather a share even if it breaks below our stop intra-day. Makes bargain-hunting cheaper. And if it fails to close above the stop, our losses are small.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Thanks Barry. I figured as much too, 'tho had heard some internal Mondi rumblings 'bout management, but that's probably just the usual jaw-jaw :)
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Confirm tomorrow Fri 29th Jun is LDT to get in?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes. Thats was written on home page a couple of weeks ago .i thnk
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Funnily (not ha,ha !),never had trouble with shares,first time with instalments though,clutched out earlier this after-noon as suggested by B,WhiteHorse,as i dont need this stress at my time of life!Just woken up!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Second and third signal by the way on LBT,under performing the market and only slight downward trade-mostly side ways.Now almost a buy.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i now tentavly have only bought 100 AGLSTA this morning as they seem to be on a one way street down,my new stratergy (hope it works)is going to buy plenty of Mondis on Monday? instead1!
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
I'm sitting on my hands this morning, having decided that AMS futures was worth a punt yesterday. Off to cardiologist with junior, so hoping that market behaves(!)
0 Kudos