Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Taking a bit of heat over the last week

vishal
Regular Contributor
Share price down to 28c. Does someone know why traders are selling this share?
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
Taurus
Super Contributor
Yes i would also like to know, no reaction so far.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
sens indicate good news to come if they pass clinical trials for their wellnes package. Guess traders not willing to hold and wait out the trial period.... Not sure how long it is?? anyone know?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I've heard that wellness packages are actually already being sold....small amounts, but big potential.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Then the question is to buy (add to current position) or wait for it to go lower? What say yee?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'll give it a speculative buy, if the wellness packs take off it will be styling. There current earnings I believe don't include the small amount of wellness packs that have already been sold.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
peoples, these sort fo shares are high risk speculative. if they pay off great, but don't be surprised when they go kaboom the other way. Lots of examples around.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ignorant question: why is this type of share speculative? i know sens isn't the gospel but what bearing would it have in this regard?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
speculative = small young company with short history, small profit, small product line etc. In other words it could go to the moon, or it could collapse down a mine shaft. Most tend towards the latter - but some do become blue chips.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I can only concur with Simon's assessment. I am always perplexed at the speculative frenzy surrounding these unproven entitites. Far more money can be made at much lower risk by focusing attention at companies further up the development curve with proven products/services reaching critical mass and expanding margins. As a personal rule I do not consider companies earning less than R20 m per annum which strategy has spared me the disappointment of many fly by nights. Drop the penny stocks and look at the small caps with good cash flows, expanding sales and solid management.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for comments, simon, topgun. i'm partial to small caps. is there an index on the website of all the small caps or do i have to search one by one?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there is the small cap index, and the altx index
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Isnt this amazing, you all spinned the same story when Simmers were 28c...now what??.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Ok not most off you..you were still dreaming about shares then...hahaha
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Taurus, if you read what I wrote you'll note that I said the risk/reward was high. And yes some succeed, the majority do not.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Well the way you talk it sounds like you want to scare everyone away from these kind off shares...and btw the qeustion about Imunti had nothing to do with your awnser.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
making people scared of small/penny stocks is not a bad idea at all. Not to say they shouldn't trade them, but they should be afriad as the risks are very real and large and to go in blinded by wealth is madness.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
remember...even turkeys fly in a hurricane ie bull market...and this stock is collapsing...
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
hey guys, i've been watching imuniti for a while now, and been buying over 900 000 shares. watch this share. i think whoever is on this one, is going to be in for a pleasant surprise soon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The PE doesnt make sense to me, maybe that is what scarring the *****es away. Based on the PE I will only touch this one if it reaches 10-11 cents
0 Kudos