Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Taking a bit of heat over the last week

ABuzz
Super Contributor
I'm also stocking up nicely at the current levels and have been for a while. Have a look at their website and check the CEO said revenue for the year ending 2008 would be over R 100 million (up from R 63 million) and this excludes sales from the Wellness Pack, which itself could add R 16 million per month once they come on line. See previous posting I was surprised to see that they didn't post the CEO's comments as a SENS. I queried this with the company, but got some arb answer back.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Here's the article, take a read.... Imuniti seeks trials for new line Consumer Industries Correspondent LISTED pharmaceutical products manufacturer Imuniti had asked the Medical Research Council (MRC) for approval to start trials on its latest product, the company said yesterday. CEO Paul Fouche said the addition of the product to its line should boost revenue, which the company expected to be just more than R100m for the year to end February 2008. This excluded sales from what would become its flagship product, the Imuniti Pack, a package of nutritional additives. Fouche said the idea was to package pharmaceutical products, natural medicines and water purification drops in a single package that was affordable for malnourished people in SA and on the continent. The company aims to start selling products locally and then look at exporting into Africa. Imuniti, which is 37% owned by broad-based black economic empowerment shareholders, manufactures and markets pharmaceutical products and complimentary natural medicines at two factories in KwaZulu-Natal. It aims to provide an affordable range of fortified and natural products to address malnutrition, immune deficiency and water contamination problems. The company, which listed in December last year, raised R83m in a private placement. "This is a blue-sky project. The main reason we listed was to develop the pack and to own the two factories in order to make it affordable." Fouche said the company would be able to start field trials soon after its application had been approved. The council would conduct an inspection of Imuniti factories next Thursday, the company said. One of its factories, Nutritional Foods, manufactures powdered food nutrition to for the low end of the market, while the other, Impilo, manufactures natural medicines. While MRC approval is not necessary for natural products, Fouche said the company felt this would add credibility to its products. At the trial stage, the products would be tested for toxicity, efficacy and safety. Posted on 27 Jun 2007 by webmaster
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
They are also still trading under cautionary at the moment.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Now why wont they put this out in a sense...dosnt make sense at all...hahaha
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Thanks for the laugh Taurus (bit weak though) But seriously I cannot understand why they didn't publish this as a SENS. it reads as positive news, so they should be telling the whole world about it. When I enquired with them they asked me what specific questions or info I required, so I told them it wasn't anything specific I required to know, but merely wanted to know why they hadn't posted this news release as a SENS, to which they couldn't answer. I think they are still a bit new at the whole share thing and aren't quite sure what they do and don't have to tell their shareholders via SENS (they seem to think it is sufficient to publish it on their website). Anyway, I'm still stocking up, cos this one's going to fly.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Where on the web page did you find this?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
look at sens from 18 June. or was that cautionary of a diff nature. then 19 june they announced the trials approval.
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Abuzz, we spoke about this one some time back. Im still not convinced.. Watch Iliad (ILA)....
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
The cautionary was seperate to the Clinical Trials of the Imuniti Pack, so they are still under cautionary. Website is www.imuniti.co.za and it is the top article in the right hand column.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
The cautionary was seperate to the Clinical Trials of the Imuniti Pack, so they are still under cautionary. Website is www.imuniti.co.za and it is the top article in the right hand column.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
hi vishal. i hope this can be of some help to you. i read an article about two months ago in fin week about imuniti issuing to many shares to directors and members at something ridiculous like 0.00001c per share. however the article also questioned the big fall in price and was very positive about the future outlook. with the share kicking off in dec 06 at R2.20, what do you think the share would do? i spoke to one of the directors at imuniti a while back and expressed my concern about the falling share price ( especially because i own a considerable amount of shares in imuniti), and he confirmed that some persons were cashing in on the share. while we are losing others could still be making a hefty profit. the big dump in shares seems to be over, and now we need to look at the position of this company. they are a well established company, bee, showing in excess of 20% earnings for the 2007 year, and expecting in excess of 100m t/o for the 2008 year. i think this one is about to take off. just gotta see what the cautionary is about though.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
vishal, i will try and find that article and forward the info
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
Abuzz, did you watch ILA like i asked you to? :)
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hey duke - the BEE component is only completely in place if they perform, i.e. they need to get the letters from Government and the Cosatu unions confirming their committment to purchse the Imuniti packs and they need to get the sales of the packs up to 100 000 per month before 12 December 2007. Failing which the shares revert back and the company won't have a BEE component.Check the pre-lising statement for the full detail. Thus said, I am sure that these letters are imminent and that this share will take off soon and go back to over 50 cents short term and R 1,50 by the end of next year.
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Hey duke - the BEE component is only completely in place if they perform, i.e. they need to get the letters from Government and the Cosatu unions confirming their committment to purchse the Imuniti packs and they need to get the sales of the packs up to 100 000 per month before 12 December 2007. Failing which the shares revert back and the company won't have a BEE component.Check the pre-lising statement for the full detail. Thus said, I am sure that these letters are imminent and that this share will take off soon and go back to over 50 cents short term and R 1,50 by the end of next year.
0 Kudos