Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Targats and Exit stratergies

Not applicable
So true, The secret of success on the exchanges/markets is not to make money fast, but to make it consistently.
One of the most difficult accomplishments for traders is to create a portfolio that builds up equity over the long term, independently of market conditions. To reach this goal, it is essential to work with a reliable investment strategy and to guard against being greedy
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
John, Amibroker have a Automated Trading system its at http://www.amibroker.com/download.html
0 Kudos
starcall
Occasional Contributor
I'm in the same boat as Ninja. Currently trading part time, but hope to be able to use trading income to support myself. Would hope to reach that goal within 10-15 years.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
www.cool-trade.com, cost you $49 per month to subscribe. They've report their best trader daily (yesterday's best one was $9K+ profit), and some people share some of their profitable systems on the website to reuse.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No Russ i think the traders just get galvol of reading the same thing over and over again on the platform ... " Why is this share going down ??? Why is this share going up ??? " As for trading it simple ... System, Timing, Discipline that would be a good start
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
russ .. I don't know what the turn over the forum is .. but we all see the names come and go .. as for the second point .. I spend a vast amount of time very very much warning people against trading .. reality is that people get blinded by greed, that is the basics of human nature .. warnings do nothing .. think warnings on cigarettes ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Warnings might work.Very few people smoke now.Those who ignore the warnings will be dead soon.I guess the same applies to trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very few people smoke in publc or in restaurants etc. They still smoking up a storm at clubs and homes. BAT would not post profit year after year if it were not so. The only reason "people smoke less" is laws governing the where and how to smoke. You cannot say to a investor/trader you can onlyopen an account if you have R100k o even R1 mil. They will just go to another source wanting their funds. what they do with their money is their choice. You open an account all the legal warnings are in the contract.If you typical you just paged down said yes and continued. Your risk your reward...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I know you smoke,CPS.You were blowing smoke up John's a$$ only yesterday,he he!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
;-) Well I tried with no gain. But I dont smoke or drink (social drinking about 3 times a year only and no more than 2 drinks at most) if you wanted to know, wich I am sure you did not....
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Good idea to stay away from both.Smoking messes up the lungs and drinking messes up the mind.If you can drink in moderation that's fine but binge drinking is bad news.I speak from bitter experience!Binge trading is also bad news-I speak from experience there too!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
rus .. some on .. warnings do not work .. drive on a SA road any day of the week .. an more examples then I could be bothered to type out .. the human race does not listen to warnings ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
You are probably right.In the end experience is the best teacher.
0 Kudos