Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The 'See-Saw' game

CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
What is in this game that I do not understand? Financials have been recovering during last couple of days, all of a sudden this morning retracing (downward) and now Nedbank climbs out again to green apples after volume this morning is only about 20% of yesterday and at present (known) offers to sell exceed (known) offers ro buy.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Preston
Super Contributor
Not sure about Nedbank It usually year time for most bank. Market anticipating good result. Also share rises on expectation of dividend. That is why i think that Financial is performed relatively well. "Timing criteria"
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Thanks. Lots'a stuff to reckon with. But other peoples' mind and reaction in the market is driving me nuts. Anyway, Nedbank back with day's flow again... down.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Do not worry. Everyone around me is making money , i have bought ANGPLATS , and i have been holding and holding and hollllllllllldinnnnnng , with no profit.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I see Standard gives a fairly negative research report,as i suppose can be expected and overseas anylists confirm this (probably given figures with some local pointing out all the negatives to them.Now i wonder who would do such a thing?) Up to this date they have done better than even Inet could have expected.I have added their warrant and ASA today to those i already hold,namely SBK and FSR as all banks have under performed the market and now have some catching up to do.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Barry , Bank are still good share to hold for now. Next year ,this time it could be a more gloomy picture. My honest advice, make your money now on these share and then get out.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I'm holding each only up to the declaration dates,then selling and then if there any negative reports the prices might come down some what,then buying back and holding up to the LDT dates .Remember these are SB call warrants and they all expire anyway in December.
0 Kudos