Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

The leaderboard

barry_1
Super Contributor
In the Sanlam trading competition ending on oct 30 Naomi is lying 22.She started buying TOPSKQ yesterday bought more today,now has 150000 and has been selling TOPSKB ,now has 100000.She will trade nothing else till the end of this month.Unfortunately she only entered the competition after it had run for a week .The leaders are so far ahead now that she is not likely to catch them.How ever they only trade CALLS,so there if using the W pattern she might catch up slightly.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
barry_1
Super Contributor
Unique is her handle!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Naomi asks if any one has better advice as with her ideas she have hit a brick wall?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry.I see Naomi is really catching up nicely.I think there must be a mistake now with the new no1.Please explain the W pattern [strategy?] You mentioned.Thanks.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Hi Barry, good to hear she is doing well. I am lying 12th at the moment. Bought TOPSKB since we are in an upward channel. Working our fairly, well but like Naomi, I think we are too far behind the leaders to do anything about it.
0 Kudos
Franksays
Frequent Contributor
Ja looks like there is a mistake with no 1. I am 1 below Naomi, my handle is Shadowking
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Naomi says thanks and forumites should stick together as they have enough knowledge to win this or any other competition....The "W" stratergy is a day trading thing,but was for a couple of days ago....Today its a "M" stratergy.In day trading there is not enough time for a head and shoulders pattern to become clearly visible,so for the TOPI only,when it shoots up above the average increase or decrease such as today ,it was double,the TOPSKB should have been sold completely out and then bought back when it had fallen by half again.She used this formula earlier in the competition with good success but was thrown by the wrong leader numbers this morning when they had a new leader with a 1000% lead.Anyway no time to catch up now and all entries must sel out next week.
0 Kudos
GEM
Occasional Contributor
Hey Barry, I hope Naomi is still holding those TOPSKQ warrants. Must have had a good couple of days!!
0 Kudos