Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Barry.Is the special div no 68 for real?

Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Want to capitalise on Div's. HVL special div on 6jun posted as R1800 OST? Can this be true? Read somwhere on HVL site div was not paid last year, anyone know what happened
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yip R18 or 1800c. Price would have reacted to it by now being cum-div.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
This one has been falling for fast few days, oppertunity to load up on some more before LDT? I see ACL holding up nicely
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
This is not really a dividend in the true sense of the word.As ERVAZ(European company) has now a controlling shares in HVL, they were forced to sell parts of the busines by the European competition authorities to meet their requirements of listings....This amount is surplas to their needs so they are paying it out....I think it is possible that HVL's value falls by the amount distributed....It would then depend on various circumstances if it ever regains its share price .Really only my opinion.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Yip, I also see price losing R18 after LDT, but still happy with it as the loss on share price will come in handy and getting the divi tax-free...
0 Kudos