Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Simon Brown and NOT to these knuckleheads

Preston
Super Contributor
Question relates to warrants -- MTN warrants (Call Warrant) Simon, If the delta is 56.94%, Conversion rate is 45 and expiry date is Aug 08. Exercise price is R125, currently MTN is trading at R120 If i bought 2000 call warrant (purely for learning the principle) it is correct to assume that i will gain exposure e.g 20 MTN Q1 If the price raises over R125, will the warrant automatically expire and MTN shares will be given to me? (what is the procedure?) Q2. Delta i assume is a weekly figure for warrants? Q3. Can you please ban Super Idego (just kidding on the last one)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
mbk
Contributor
0 Kudos
Picky
Regular Contributor
Preston, these were not the answers you were lookng for, perhaps another thread and start afresh
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston, 2 mistakes you make. Firstly, the cover ratio, this is how many warrants you need for exposure to 1 underlying share. Secondly, you don't get the shares, you have the right to buy them at the strike price (or just sell the warrant back into the market).
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon my friend. To all those knucklehead..Be my guess
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks Simon my friend. To all those knucklehead..Be my guest
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That would be "Be my guest" knobshop
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Check 2nd thread..Master. No need to be mean. Have a SUPER Weekend.
0 Kudos