Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To Tango

Not applicable
Pls give me a selection of your best choices of warrants.i just got out safely on my short call.I think its time to go long.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
You turning bull on me George? We've still got 300 points to go :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chickened out.Couldnt sleep man!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Guilt or fear?
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I watch the underlying, not specific warrants. I'm not holding anything now. If you post shares you are interested in, I'll post the warrant I would have chosen and why
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barrier!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah, there's that... but I think you had far more cash in there than I. I normally play small amount on barriers close to the barrier like that. You came out tops though?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The following mainly attract interest because of the way they have come down and as a result have excellent potential when they recover. ANG :IMP : MTN : SOL : HAR. Off course deciding when to buy would be a different decision altogether.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Look for gearing of 3-6x, 100+ days to expiry, lower decay, higher delta, and priced at 30c+. Also better if it's in the money, or soon to be if it moves your way.For example, the worst possible type of warrant you could buy is SOLDBN - SOL probably not going to hit R300 in the next month, trading price low (wide spread %), time decay terrible, low delta. Stay away from those.
My picks would be (first choice, second choice):
ANG - ANGABH, ANGSBE
IMP - IMPDBI, IMPSBD
MTN - MTNDBM, MTNABH
SOL - no great calls, SOLSBH the best of the lot
HAR - HARDBI, HARSBM
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thx Tango, appreciate the effort
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeh.Grateful to get the money back.Scared *****less! U do OK?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SOLSBG is my choice. Oil Price may keep going down for now, but hey watch this space when the Oil Price moves up? The cost of warrant is currently about 14cent, for one of the main active shares. Also the expiry date is +100 days as per Tango's recomendations.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
The cheaper the warrant, the wider the spread is as a % of the warrant price, and the further the warrant is away from being in the money. If the issuer is giving you a 1c spread, the width is effectively halved for the 30c warrant vs the 14c warrant. And most of the issuers don't make a market below 10c - buying at 14c doesn't give you much room. Also, the time decay will come down when the underlying passes the strike price - SOLSBG strike further away than SOLSBH. Plus SOLSBG time-decay much higher. For an extra 2x gearing I wouldn't go for SOLSBG
0 Kudos