Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

To the Jubilee Fans

Not applicable
I am curious regarding JBL strategy. I haven't done much research yet, but are they able to actually smelt Platinum and produce hte finished goods? I understood that only the tier 1's can do this (IMP, AMP, Lonmin and Northam (although not sure about NHM)?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Dina_1
Occasional Contributor
I don't know all that much about Jubilee (bought Anooraq a few months ago), but mineweb, miningweekly and miningmx are pretty useful sites for research: In October, Jubilee bought Braemore, which holds the exclusive licence for Mintek's ConRoast smelting technology until 2020. This technology is apparently better able to handle the high-chrome content ores being mined in the Bushveld Complex. Earlier this month, Jbl announced it would acquire a brownfields smelting facility in Middelburg, as the first site for its ConRoast furnace build programme. If i understand correctly, Jubilee will be smelting not just its own platinum, but also offering its services to other junior miners. Am not sure though that they've actually started using the ConRoast technology.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi skaaptjop; go read the Co News section; as I see the Conroast trials were very good which lead to the purchase of the Middleburg plant in order to start the smelting on large scale. I am very surprised that the share price did not rise strongly after all this, but I suspect once the Conroast plant is running the share price will rise sharply.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Tjoppie, read the latest SENS from JBL regarding ConRoast.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Look at JBL coming to life. Should have added more at R3.00.
0 Kudos