Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Trading Journals and Pivot Point Calculators

quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Has anybody been able to identify the web address where one can obtain a downloadable copy of the trading journal which chartist featured a while back? Also, has anybody been able to identify the web address where one can obtain a downloadable copy of a pivot point calculator, preferably with the inclusion of fibonacci pivots? What I'm trying to find is a source for both items which can be used off-line even when one does not have access to the internet. Any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
Not applicable
Someone on here redid the trading journal...made a nice job...just cant remember who...I would let you have a copy of mine but it is rights protected as I paid for it....
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks chartist. I'm also willing to pay if I knew where to download the item.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The guys dont offer it any more...think they overpriced it..was about USD 50 I think
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Pity, it looked like a really useful piece of work. But thanks anyway. Now its back to the drawing board unless someone else can remember where the DIY version came from.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If u got IGINDEX it draws u the pivot points on the graphs automatically
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If u got IGINDEX it draws u the pivot points on the graphs automatically
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks AXE. I've now test driven pivots on the IG site and it certainly solves some of my problems. But stand-alone items would also be useful for indices/shares that IG do not feature.
0 Kudos
goodcall
New Contributor
Have a look at sure-fire forex trading website. I've got a pivot point calculator on my desk top that I downloaded from them. Nicely gives the PP and 3 lines of resistance and 3 lines of support
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i think the guy that did the www.chartist.co.za site posted the journal there...
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Quovadis, I've made a spreadsheet that calculates the Pivot, R1, R2, R3, S1, S2 & S3. & then allows one to monitor several shares on the same page. You may find it useful to use asis or change to suit yourself. If you want it let me have your email address.
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for the offer Tad which is gratefully accepted. As you might have gathered its all I can do to find Excel on my computer. My email address is [email protected].
0 Kudos
tracey70
Not applicable
Hi Tad. would you mind emailing me same. I have been looking for this for a while. Thanks [email protected]
0 Kudos
Zirk
Frequent Contributor
Hi Tad. would you mind emailing me same. I have been looking for this for yonks as most can only do 1 at any time. [email protected] Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Tad, please mail me a copy of your Pivot excel sheet. I've been following Preston's progress using Pivot Points. [email protected]. Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Um - if you use the program from quotetracker.com you can select pivot points as an indicator on historical and daily charts...
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
http://www.surefire-forex-trading.com/PP.html That is link to page where you can download free pivot point calculator. Good luck.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Shouldnt that be holygrail.com? LOL, u would think....
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
Hi Mammon, I've downloaded & installed free version of Quotetracker. How do you integrate SA stock information? I have daily downloads from Datashare and Sharenet. (Or do you have to use JSE delayed data?)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Tad, please mail me a copy of your Pivot excel sheet [email protected]
0 Kudos