Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

US ECON

_nova
Super Contributor
Aug payroll falls 84k and U/E rate jumps to 6.1% over expected 5.7%... the DOW is going to get trampled. DOW futures down over 100
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
check gold take off....lets see if it stays!!!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Ja Dinen, I reckon XAU will see at least 5% rise in the session. Question is whether it will keep going up considering what's happening in the US and Europe? There's now little doubt that the big R word is getting real close?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Real nostalgia. Just like the old days - nova and dinen talking about gold.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Ja Brazen, with all this 'exciting' volatility and the baaad ole Bear sharpening his fangs, I can feel a nova of a rant 'n rage on doom 'n gloom coming on. watch this space for entertainment hehe
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip Nova. It ain't looking good. I think Gravy's gonna be in Arabia for a while - only place on earth experiencing a boom.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HUI is key today with support going back a DECADE standing at 284. It has always bounced from this ascending trendline, but a failure here would mean a lower low last seen in '05 and the end of the bull....jeez thats close!
0 Kudos
CrownA
Super Contributor
As in all the posts, the moment someone makes a prediction, the market will do the opposite. I hate thinking my way into a trade, trying to defend it, then make a loss. Surely it is easier to wait for the news, then see the reaction, and trade it????
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
So gold strengthens means dollar weakens. Dollar weakens means Rand strengthens. Rand strengthens means ... hmmm ...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
No luck with the HUI... :)
0 Kudos