Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Upward movement

analyst
Frequent Contributor
Any ideas on why Merafe is moving up? Have I missed something?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Electrox
Super Contributor
70c was resistence on my charts...
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Lets wait for the close. Barry whats that family member saying. Are they moving stock or not.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Noticed that RSI is close to 70 for this share, would that mean its been over bought recently?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
by being overbought.. it help push the share higher ..fster.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, by being overbought, the share prices rises higher faster, but does that also mean that the price will not hold at the levels its currently being pushed to?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes, by being overbought, the share prices rises higher faster, but does that also mean that the price will not hold at the levels its currently being pushed to?
0 Kudos
analyst
Frequent Contributor
Any idea why it is overbought and treading higher?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
in the latest issue of mining weekly the cfo saying that ferrochrome demand will increase in second half of 2009 .. sounds like he's talking his book, but maybe the market bought it ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Miranda(MMH) and Merafe(MRF) : These 2 companies (other resources) have plummeted in the last couple of months due to the economic crisis. But they're not in danger of delisting as far as I know. Especially Merafe(MRF) - they're everyday under the "Top 20 biggest volume traded", and they're a penny share! So as soon as the markets start to recover or they get new projects, definitely a good share to get into! ***Disclaimer : Please note that these are just tips being generated from other clients and myself, and no-one can be held liable for any losses incurred. These are just hints and DOES NOT mean that you should buy them immediately! You still need to analyze them yourself and decide when you want to enter the market. Furthermore, this is a PRIVATE service between me and fellow traders and has nothing to do with "Investor's Choice" or any other institution for that matter***
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Nothing has changed at ground level,CEOs issueing statements of course ,is wishful thinking plus the fact that,things are likely to get better all round,in time.Main point is that steel has first to pick up then demand for chrome will move again....Perhaps the share is moving on the coal fields they have options over.Trouble is they have to raise finance to pay for such a venture.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
...for those that are still wondering, the disclaimer that centwise included at the end is what OMO or IMHO stands for :-)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MRF ain't going to "get new projects" .. they need demand for ferrochrome to pick up and then they can get their production back on track .. an quickly before somebody does swallow them ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Technically it is calculated once it breaks the 75 cents resistance it will be ready to buy, However take precaution
0 Kudos