Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

VOD listing schedules 18 May 2009

Woeste
Contributor
I am quite new to trading - do any one know at what price VOD will list at on Monday? Or is the price still dependent on market forces? Does anyone have an explanation?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
Vodacom is to list at 0, I think this was more to give Telkom a fighting chance on unbundling day.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I assume the VOD code will only appear in OST on Monday morning?
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
So can I put in a order for R1 and maybe get it matched? I basically want to buy VOD at its lowest on Monday due to the understanding that the stock will gain in the short and long term (I have long term in mind) - Do you maybe have advice for me on when to buy VOD as I read somewhere that you should wait a month after the listing of VOD before buying the stock? (I quess the stock will be overpriced in the beginning and that's why you should wait a month??)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Answering my own question: yes. I guess buying VOD on Monday (maybe at R1 a share) is better than buying TKG today, and risk a drop in TKG that is worse than their R19 dividend (I have my trading cap on). :-)
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
vod results come out after listing though....
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Hey, Woes! Welcome to the forum
0 Kudos
Abundant_Lifest
Occasional Contributor
Why sudden drop in Telkom share price? Any adverse news about the listing out there? What's just happened?
0 Kudos
Schmidt
Occasional Contributor
I think people did some maths and figured that Telkom will be worth a lot less than a 50% split of the current (± R110) share price, irrespective of the R19 dividend. Keeping in mind that the dividend was issued to prevent a complete collapse of the Telkom share price. Telkom will be a good buy once the divi is out of the price. But who knows?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Wrong... This is the reason: "May 15 (Bloomberg) -- Telkom South Africa Ltd. will need approval from the nation's telecommunications regulator before it can dispose of its stake in mobile-phone operator Vodacom Group Ltd...." posted at 16:00. VOD will not list on monday!
0 Kudos
Woeste
Contributor
How can VOD not list? They can't decide on the listing day not to list? Is the listing dependent on the 15% sale? Only then I think listing will not occur. Anyway, is anyone gonna sue ICASA for damages for the drop in Telkom's price on Monday (Irrespective of listing)? This is qouted out of the ICASA act: "Establishment of Independent Communications Authority of South Africa: 3. (1) There is hereby established a juristic person to be known as the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa. (2) The Authority acts through the Council contemplated in section 5. (3) The Authority is independent, and subject only to the Constitution and the law, and must be impartial and must perform its functions without fear, favour or prejudice. (4) The Authority must function without any political or commercial interference." As per point 3 and 4 - if their original decision was in terms of the law, are they now saying it was not? Someone is gonna get sued over this... Someone who can look a year into the future, please tell me - should I sell Telkom on Monday?
0 Kudos