Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Video.....live trade...who says trading isnt exciting?

Not applicable
DC trader et al was asking sarcastically and with great conceit "just how the gap play was working out for me"....well here it is...Apart from this showing the power of gaps it also shows how one needs to wait for a trade to reveal itself....I was saying to RDB that short was not where the easy money was today...sure we saw a big decline (500 pts) but the down side was not tradeable... the trade made R 13690 ....http://www.screencast.com/t/HvWDho1c
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi Chartist. Been away a few days, just caught up on latest and saw this posting with a look at the 5 min chart for today. What made you sure that the short was not on at round 14:30?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Skala I didnt...all I knew was that there was a gap...the fools goading me also helped...
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ja Swaar!! I just watched your video, thanks and well done.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Chartist, great educational vid, congrats on the profit.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
Have not been able to whatch it yet, I will as soon as I can, but thanx anyway!
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I wasn't 'tuning' you (for lack of a better word)... BUT, you posted at 10am... the gap closed after 5pm. That's 7hrs that you got it wrong. To state that there is a gap and to say it might close is fine. But to post things like 'we are about to fire off!'(at 12pm) is a direct call on the direction of the market. From that point we lost nearly a further 0.5% (and I know you dealing in futures and im referring to the TOPI, but the differential isn't that great) and anyone that had 'traded' on your call would have lost big cash. All i'm saying is that people trade on your advice (irrespective of you saying OMO) and when you make predictions like you did yesterday people tend to follow. A broken clock is also correct twice a day. Fair enough, you made cash off it (congrats) and did say you were waiting for confirmation during the day, but I'm assuming you only post videos of your winning trades. A lot of the time, gaps don't close... but I'm sure those videos are deleted as quickly as they're recorded.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DC.....please note the use of the phrase "about to" that doesnt mean that it has happened yet or (will even happen for sure)....whats the k a k about being wrong for 7 hours all about? Did you not see my admonishments to WAIT till we get through a certain level (29225 I think)?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
DC trader....u see once again you are factually incorrect...they would actually have made very nice money. That would however not have been the right thing to do....As for gaps that don't close....well of course they dont all close...you do really show you lack of analytical thinking by throwing this in....as long as most of them close there is money to be made....no ..now I show a lack of analytical thinking....even if most of them dont close you can still make money....sometimes it not about probability its about magnitude....
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Hey Chartist thought you didn't take overnight positions... saw on your account there that you had something overnight?
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Is a difference of opinion not allowed? I'm congratulating you on making the trade yesterday but assume a few others that traded on the advice at 10am and again at 12pm (when we went from -0.5% to -1.2%) might have lost a bit of cash if they were stopped out and didn't wait (as you say... and I agree) for confirmation. It's nice having a bit of banter on here for a change... ;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
no scandal...I cleared out before the end of trade...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Thanks Chartist, that was excellent! It was really helpful. Moving Pikshurs sure do explain things better. Question: Do you generally only use RSI14 and MOM12 as indicators and why these 2? or do you specifically rely on chart patterns only?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I dont really look at RSI for short time frames...mom lets me see which way the squeeze is going to fire....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist - thanks, great video and yes trading IS exciting. Any books on gap trading you could recommend?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
yes true but on open yesterday it looks like you had a couple of open positions... from open positions line on your account and trades line.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Chartist, how do I get into your skype trading room that you metion last time?
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
I am also trying to get in again, I hit "leave" a few days ago and now it wont allow me back in again
0 Kudos