Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What do about RBW shares?

webster_1
Frequent Contributor
I hold a couple 100 RBW shares (bought 2 weeks ago). In two minds re: selling / keeping in light of current Remgro activities. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
one of the fund managers is telling shareholders to reject the offer as its too low. so you could hold and even if the offer gets accepted you score a nice fat dividend unless you know you can make more with that cash in the mean time
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Will sleep on it. Quite a nice challenge. Probably safest where it is at the moment. Tomorrow - rest of week will be telling...
0 Kudos
shares
Contributor
Well to my mind Remgro is pretty keen on Rainbow as it already owns 62%. Rainbow isn't a bad company even if it is facing higher grain prices. I think higher grain prices are already factored in. In fact I was about to pick up about R10k worth after it dropped 20% over a few weeks and the dividend yield rose above 5%. The fundamentals look good too and I reckon Remgro would be getting a heck of a sweet deal at the current offer price. See my posting on the Remgro forum about this.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Im doing the same with my SHP share since in such a volitile market its probably safest where it is at the moment. Sold my RBW though cause I didnt expect anyone to think the offer was too low.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
I also own some of these. Personally, if the deal goes through I'm swopping my RBW for REM. In your case though I would wait for the deal to go through and take the cash. OMO
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks. I will probably sell 50-60% this week and let the other get converted.
0 Kudos