Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's going on here

traderdan
Occasional Contributor
Quite a steep drop over the last few days. Anyone know what's going on here? Anything to worry about?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
kwagga
Super Contributor
Why not just watch news on this share before asking formies to do it for you ? It's trading ex dividend.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
LDT was weeks back ..
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Payment date: Monday, 18 June 2012
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
payment date meaningless (anyways tis was Monday) .. LDT is what counts and ex-date ..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
it's also super massive illiquid? R300k of trades has moved it 10%.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I doubt if payment date is meaningless on a penny like this. Many small timers pilling into this one when the news broke of the special divi, will be looking to getting out sometime after Ltd, if low liquidity permits them to.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a personal soft spot for this stock. Typically with small and micro caps, you get a flurry of activity around the month before results are due and then post results for 3 or 4 months you get complete inactivity. So you should see big spreads starting between now and the next financials. If you can pick it up at the bottom end of the spread, then you have a sound investment. So if place a buy order around say 90c, that is a decent investment paying you a handsome 10% dividend.
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
I may have an addiction to this share:)Very happy to pick off more shares whenever the price drops and to keep holding. In my opinion one of the more undervalued shares around at the moment. Picked up 12.3% on the last dividend and have just continued to accumulate. Main things to focus on in my view: - Supply chains and a potential shift to more local supply. (Heavily exposed to the exhange rate) - Further unlocking of efficiencies in the cost structure
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos