Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

When theres a run in the gold price....

barry_1
Super Contributor
..as now then i buy about three small caps and then enjoy the upwards movement.I find it better than warrants as there is no time decay and don't have to worry about sudden reverses.When i figure the run is over they are easier to sell.I bought in equal quantity some time ago AFO,SIM as they had the lower prices than DRD.I,ll change to DRD from SIM when its price begins to lag by more than 15%.Also bought MRF to take advantage of steel related products for the same reason.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
kwagga
Super Contributor
Barry, I'm in on MRF on 157c, got out of DRD a few days ago. I'm looking at Sim. Technically MRF is looking very likely to run to 195c before it hits resistance. The small cap gold shares should pick up speed as the big boys loose some momentum. Exciting times ahead for gold. omo
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
MRF - Classic example of the fan principle in technical analysis and a very significant and strong indication that prices are heading higher.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Kwagga for the info,glad some body out there shares my excitement,of course its happened all before in the past so we should be on to a good thing!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am looking for a pullback in the goldprice....the whole commodity index made a major breakout recently and we will more than likely see a pullabck to test the breakout....this would include gold...once this has happened we will see the real rally....taking profit on HAR...
0 Kudos
masterblaster
Contributor
aflease very quiet recently. stated that modder east reserve estimate up substantially. were going to publish new reserves at end of august,but held back that info. these guys are getting their ducks in a row for some positive announcements (i think).
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
U are correct,but another advantage of the smaller stock is that they don't respond to changes in the gold price that much.At the back of peoples minds is that the main line golds is always the pretence that they will eventually pay dividends.Now with the smaller stock we know that they will never get there and all work will go into the price of their capitalisation.
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
like that $10 drop in hour and half
0 Kudos
Not applicable
RDB....cant resist saying I told you so....
0 Kudos
RDB
Super Contributor
I saw it 2, had limit sells @ 736
0 Kudos