Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who's joined the forum in the last 3 months.

sk_1
Super Contributor
Come on u new guys and dolls. We once had a post where everyone briefly introduced themselves, where they lived, what they did for a living, etc. Lets get to know the new guys! Welcome to the forum!
0 Kudos
32 REPLIES 32
Brazen
Super Contributor
sigh. . . do we have to? Welcome them, I mean. Can't we just see if they survive another three months first?
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Jeepers, B, they aren't all cyclists, are they?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Problem is the majority of us are trading virgins and more than likely intimidated by the regulars' greater knowledge. We love to watch the forum as it teaches valuable lessons. Example: I used to exclusively rely on STX40 to manage my funds as there is no ways I would cope on that level. I took the majority of comment on the forum as sound, save for Preston's tomfoolery, and started to apply it to fictitious portfolios. Although I keep the STX40 going (cheap re: commissions) I have moved a sizeable value to this trading site and although not performing like Satrix at the moment I am still in the green after 3 months. The point is that there is a lot that an uneducated trader will not know and therefor reserves comment! Look at diaan for example: All the guy was asking was why trades went through after 5pm. I know this question has been posted more than once and I also understand that you guys are tired of giving the answer and so diaan was shot down with pretty hillarious responses and was ironically also punched in the belly by Brazen... the same chap calling for unity from new forum members. We juniors suffer from senior intimidation and the fear of the bully bogwash!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Arcoid, I fully agree with your comment. I am also new in this game and previously asked for advice and was shot down in the same manner with cheap dog talk english. This makes one not wanting to post comments / questions any more.... I must also say this that I received good advice from DCTrader and a few others and I thank all for their help that helped me.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I hear you. Its hard to say anything half intelligent on this forum without someone trying to drag you through the mud. Weathered stones and rolling stones survive the onslaught.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
arcoid, I have never called for unity on the forum! Are you nuts, rage and abuse maybe, unity never.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Preston and Brazen in the same paragraph. Damn i must be something right. The point i would like to bring across is that when i joined this forum, no one showed me the way. I had to learn on my own. I must admit , it was Chartist one response that caught my attention and i immediately "googled it". It spark a flame to get better educated. "People must do their own homework and place less reliance on this forum. It is a dog eat dog world. I merely add some follish spice but i do my homework on my own.
0 Kudos
jannie2
Contributor
Hi there guys , it sounds to me that you need a girls voice as well I used to trade futures/warrants/shares 7 years ago Feels like a lifetime ago, now that the kids a bit bigger I have started to play with shares again. I must say I really like to read the forum- Chartist- you my favorite- as I share your love for technicals , - the rest of you are also great fun.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yeah - sorry about that Brazen - it was hdk - silly virgin trader... off to the bogs for me!! Rage and abuse a must ... I have survived your three month criteria ... does that denote a welcome pack?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unwittingly, Brazen stumbled in to a hive of nerds
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Dude you must learn to handle intimidation, rude remarks because those guy that makes those remarks , do not know you personally so at the end of the day, it really does not matter.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
More like a herd of nerds stumbled on Brazen..hehe
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Insider tip Arcoid, after 3 months you get a small gift from Standard Bank, BUT only if you ask. It's not bad as far as banks go - a signed pic of posterboy Simon Brown. I got the one of him in the SBK blue Speedo, but you have a choice of 3. Just email Simon. I block mounted mine, but the choice is yours.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
I think it is great fun to pick at the newbies, it will give you insight of what is really happening when it comes to trading... the idea behind it all is to share information which at the end can benefit you.. I think is more important than any fancy software..... You should have a feel for the market, have your ears pinned, analyze news reports and anticipate what the next step will be in this economy of chaos. I am also new . been here a couple years back , moved out for a year or two and here I am today again , reading all the forum comments. Don't be scared the only dumb question is the one not asked..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Arcoid within 6 months you will have joined the pack and will be attacking some other poor soul.When i first logged in because of my plumbing skills,i was invited to several homes of the formies to be a pool boy {what ever that is ].Eventualy the ribbing died away and i was accepted as wonderful asset to the forum,not only for my insite into the market but also my colorful yidish humor.Go forth and multiply...........
0 Kudos