Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why anything Gold is Good - No Video Needed

Fredsed
Super Contributor
Western currencies are remaining reasonably in-step with each other, now thanks to increasing co-operation on liquidity management. But the less indebted (non-western) economies suffer from relatively stronger currencies. This ongoing effect is diluting the value of their western currency reserves. As this continues then rather than hold these depreciating currencies it makes sense to exchange excess of requirements as soon as possible into something more trustworthy. Either the currency of other well managed economies or some exchangeable commodity that traditionally has respect and faith from all. Such a commodity should be of adequate but not readily creatable supply, be easily identified and assessed. The simplest of all such commodities for this purpose is gold, mainly because it is easiest to maintain as-new during extended (even endless) timeframes of storage. For the Buffet idolisers – it’s got nothing to do with anything else. Now is the time to go for gold, but don't take just my word for it whatever you do. Try this for starters... http://tinyurl.com/7n4jc7k
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
ALF Field made it clear.The Gold Wave now,is the strongest of them all.Of course,Alf has a longer-term view.Anyway,that Surf's getting rougher.My Tats are 'fresh !'.....and what else.Ah yes....Tsunami Cam.Check ! Countdown begins....ANG....GLD....CFD.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So Fredsed....You long the Goldie-stuff too ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And yeah...the Asian and Indian physical buyers are piling in huge on a Y-o-Y basis.Wait till that Dragon really opens its mouth.(heh)The Iran-is-NEXT freaks in the USA are salivating around the Straits of Hormuz.RED FLAG !!The usual...'we shall destroy this country in order to save it'..they call it Democracy.Much like Sony Playstation,just REAL.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Affirmatively, most irresistable, HAR GFI ANG VIL next is GLD.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
F-16 locked and load.Pre-flight checks.Kiss-kiss of my Tom Cruise Poster ( NOT ! )....and Days of Thunder meets Top Gun.Flight technician hands me my NAMaqua 5 -litre Turbo-juice.O Yeah....now where's that Stiffy-control....nod.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
just as a recap here, the best conditions for GLD (if you're long) is rising gold price ($ terms) and a weakening rand? i.e. more rands for your gold price?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
maverick has boarded the USS Enterprise - ready and awaiting take-off instructions...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Weakening rand is usually the 'pusher'...but...with current conditions being ideal for GOLD.Let's face it.Is this easy-money,or what ? I've got 5000 GLDcfds' running as at.Position-sizing is the KEY,dude.My first SELL at 138.Second at 140.50...and hold a few with a trailing Stop.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
thks

would think next stop is a retest of ~14099
br>http://i42.tinypic.com/2mcbre8.png

looks attractive, will see where it closes, if "mini" break holds.

why you so keen to phase out profits with it being less than 7% from all time high? good defense makes good offense?
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Lunch was so good. Screen now jumping. Get off! This is better than any 3D video, and the colour of it all is with such extreme vividity (next generation descriptive). Ben skulks in his Debt Star whilst Skywalker replicates and readies for the next onslaught.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought GLD at R126 average.The above-mentioned Sell levels co-incide with Resistance levels.And with ANG it's a scale-out at R360 and R380.As you'll notice, I do NOT choose the line,but a place below it, to ensure that I do have a better chance of hitting it.Just good 'ole Swing-trading.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
thoughts on last few days' movements? my TA view of GLD @ http://i39.tinypic.com/2vmizus.png

right on support.

also USD / R isn't playing ball, quite possible we're going to see a test of R7.35 before there's any further weakening.

http://i42.tinypic.com/200bfhu.png

wait and see i guess i.e. patience. gold seems to be holding and hopefully a retest of $1800 sooner rather than later. cheers
0 Kudos