Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Woolies

divz
Super Contributor
Does anybody know why the big volumes in woolies this morning 8M already?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Short sellers buying in? :-) Bulls working their way up?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah I think you could be right....redistribution going on...could be anticipation of economic data....I think even if its bad we will see the retailers move....it about getting the news out...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could also be Woolies, being a favourite retail stock for so long, ran ahead of fair value relative to its peers. Lots of questions about whether it is reaching the bottom or maybe diggin in her claws as she slides down. But expect a stand at around 1750.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
mmm.i guess you recovered from the massive price tag gravy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1x box Zesty White. Repeat..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Woolies performed exactly as expected today....now if only it could attract customers who didnt have to buy boxed wine....
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
Chartist, are you long on woolies?
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Chartist why do you say it traded exactly as expected ? Do you think it will stay at this level until news breaks good or bad . Average volumes are about 4.5M for the last 4 trading days been trading at volumes of 7.4M, 7.9M 8.8M respectively and today over 10M seems to be increasing each day but with no direction
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Buy? Dude, I never said actually PAY for me booze.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
divz....make that 18 million...I havent looked at the chart but the price action seemed to be creating a rounded bottom....what happens here in terms of market psychology is that there is change in sentiment to the share..but there is still a huge amount of disbelief in the fact that a new trend has started so all that is happening now is that there are lots of longs entering the market and lots of longs that have been hurting for a while exiting...they will of course be buying back when they see the stock move back above their original entry....simple....what has too happen now is that the big buyers have to aquire as much as possible without driving the price up so they buy when the opportunity presents itself....you can see it in the market depth...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
doing nicely...we need to see the volumes comes through now...
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks chartist
0 Kudos
Not applicable
K now Im not much of a TA... in fact the word Id use is "I suck at it" but it looks to me If Whl can stay above 1800 for the next few days we should see it start to move nicely by mid week and this will be confirmed by RSI... assuming things dont go pearshaped of course!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the deal flow on this counter are fascinating at the mo.....big buyers taking their opportunities when they get them
0 Kudos