Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ZAR - there it goes the Zuma way

Italiano
Occasional Contributor
Hey Schizo u have lost the plot those expats factored there losses and trust me are smiling! We remain the gesture of i told u so. I just dont get it, the corrupt get stronger and now get to lead? Those dark rain clouds over Polokwane prevail!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Wonder what ppc will do on Monday?
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
You are obviously not white, and if you are, you are one of those with intelligence lower than a pig. Anyone who do not care about farmers much likely have no idea where the food you eat comes from. Enjoy your stay here in SA - the time is getting short for people like you. The real Boere will rule this country again ! Guys like you will be dealt with, if you did not flee yet. Only 3 years before Mandela started to rule, most people believed that a black government was completely impossible. A white government again in SA ? IMPOSSIBLE !
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Completely off the point - the topic is about the exchange rate. You have probably recently read a book written by an atheist telling you all this BS, and now it's on your mind. The most reliable book, the Bible, prooves that the creation as in Genisis, was around 6000 years ago. (all people who made a study of the Bible agree on that, at least) I cannot imagine that someone can be so happy to be "family" of everybody who walk on 2 feet - something really brainwashed you ! Go to: www.AnswersInGenisis.org www.creationonthe web.com www.talkorigins.org www.primeorigins.co.za if you have an open mind.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Schizo, may I request that you change your handle. Furthermore, BEE has made many new BILLIONAIRES on the JSE. Don't be bitter because you did not make the cut!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Conservatives, Liberals, Draadsitters and Liberationists - it is quite funny reading the comments on the two threads so I'll add my two John Daniel share's worth. I absolutely cringed when that woman announced the results of the voting for the top 6 positions! Here we had the eyes of the whole world on us and she goes and treats the matter as if its a joke! If there is a next time I trust they will get someone who realises the seriousness of the matter!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Have you thought of getting professional help,Robbie?
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Have you ever thought about what happened at Bloedrivier ? - Blood river if you don't understand. I get so excited when I see all that Zulu blood in my mind !! I am ready for the next blood river !!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The Voortrekkers - Boers - driven by the British from the Cape - had previously signed a contract with Zulu King Dingane (Afrikaans: Dingaan), granting them land to settle. Immediately afterwards, however, the King had the delegation under the leadership of Piet Retief killed in his kraal uMgungundhlovu. Further desastrous massacres followed. At the attack of Bloukrans in February 1838, for example, almost 500 Voortrekkers died, among them many women and children. Towards the end of 1838, then for the homeless white settlers survival was at stake. On December 15, 470 men, pugnacious from desperation, prepared for the all-decisive battle at the Ncome River. Women and children they had left at a safe place. Commandant-General Andries Pretorius took the command, a man of giant built, excellent leadership qualities and tactical skill. The Voortrekkers positioned their 64 wagons in the shape of a quadrangular wagon fort, called "laager". Spaces in between were secured with wooden planks. Two sides were protected by steep declines towards the river and to a natural trench - called "donga". On each of the other two sides a cannon was positioned. Cart-oxen and horses were fenced in the centre of the laager. In the course of the morning the Zulus - under the command of the generals Tambuza and Umhlela - gathered about 15,000 impis (warriors), armed with speers and shields. They spent the time waiting in a distance of only 40 metres around the laager, in reach of the Voortrekker guns. Initially, the weather conditions were most unfavourable for the Boers. Since the previous evening the laager was enveloped in dense, humid fog. It would have soaked the gunpowder and render the men's old muzzle-loaders useless. The Zulus first planned a nightly attack. Full of fear the Boers were listening to the trampling of thousands of feet around their laager. Then they began to sing psalms and chorals aloud to conquer their fear and gain courage. The Zulus fell victim to their own superstition, based on a believe deeply rooted in their religion, which made them think that the oil lamps hanging from the white people's waggons were the souls of their ancestors protecting them.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
The next morning the fog was gone. At sunrise, the Voortrekkers took the initiative and opened fire all at once. After the initial shock the front rows of the Zulu warriors rose and attacked the laager from all sides. But the attempt faltered in a hailstorm of bullets from 470 guns. Hundreds of warriors died in those first minutes. Eventually, the Zulus retreated, but further waves of attack followed. Many warriors tried in vain to climb the steep scarps of the riverbank and the donga. They all were shot from above. The water of the Ncome river turned an ever more intense red, why it was later called Blood River (Afrikaans: Bloed Rivier). In the early afternoon the battle was decided. The surviving Zulus took to flight. Pretorius had them followed by his cavalry. They got through to the Zulu King's kraal and found it deserted and completely burnt down. But they discovered the remains of Piet Retief and his men and buried them in a common grave. In the Battle at the Ncome or Blood River about 3000 Zulu warriors died. The Voortrekkers, however, had - except for three lightly injured men - no losses. The deeply religious Boers ascribed the military victory not to their superior armament and tactics, but saw it as a miracle and sign from God. From then on they felt even more affirmed in their believe that the predominance of the whites over the blacks is the will of God. The colossal monument - from bronze-covered iron - in the still plains of the Ncome valley is a very impressive, almost spooky monument. It makes the visitors relive the events of 1838 in their phantasy. On the other side of the river another monument was inaugurated in 1999 for the remembrance of the Zulus who died in the battle. This also very impressive monument throws a light on the battle from a Zulu perspective. To honour the vow, Andries Pretorius had made on the day of the battle, on December 16 each year the "Geloftedag" was celebrated. Today it is the national holiday "Day of Reconciliation".
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
nice refresher of very important chapter in boer history, which is still very relevant. note that the boers negotiated for land, it was not stolen! note the deception and the irrelevance of contract. the boers were also not the aggressors but merely protected themselves. I am proud all over again! imagine the courage 32:1 (and the one includes children and the aged)!!!
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
note also that they were not "driven from the Cape by the British" they left of their own free will because the nasty British would not let them keep slaves anymore!
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Wag maar tot na Mandela se begrafnis ! Het jy al Siener van Rensburg se profetiese boodskappe bestudeer ? Lyk vir my al die wit liberaliste (ons grootste vyand) sal uitgemoor word omdat hulle nie die swart vyand kan identifiseer nie agv hulle blindheid. Daarna sal 'n groot gees van verwarring kom onder die swartes en hulle sal mekaar begin uitmoor op groot skaal en ander sal noord vlug. Die uiteinde van die lang storie, volgens Siener: Van Kaapstad tot by die ewenaar sal wit wees. (Ek wou eers nie al die goed glo nie, maar na meer deeglike ondersoek het ek besef dat die meeste van Siener se voorspellings reeds vevul is) Jy kan oa kyk na: www.siener.co.za
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
the boers trekked into the hinterland to free themselves from british rule - this had little to do with slave labour - as for "nasty" ever heard of the infamous scorched earth policies?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Noem gou bietjie 'n paar wat waargeword het? Dit maak my sommer g@tvol as mense hierdie k@k praat. Die verlede is verby!!! Die land het nie 'n toekoms as almal so 'n siening oor die land het nie. Ruk jouself reg en skrik wakker.
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Gaan koop die boek en lees hom as jy wil weet - wat jy in elk geval nie sal doen nie. Die enigste toekoms vir hierdie land is dat blankes wat nie voel soos ek nie, uitgemoor word - wat sal gebeur na Mandela se begrafnis. Ons moet ontslae raak van die joiners sodat ons weer voor kan begin. Al wat dalk mense soos jy se oë betyds kan laat oopgaan is as dinge direk aan jou gat begin vat. Ongelukkig moet party mense eers naby familie aan die dood afstaan of self 'n slagoffer van iets geweldigs wees, voordat hulle ontwaak uit die gekkeparadys waarin hulle leef.
0 Kudos