Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

afo

masterblaster
Contributor
i always hope for good comments when i see an entry and then you get dribble like this! no comments fundamental or technical? aflease has been listed on international pinksheets recently possibly manouvering a merger of sorts. randgold and exploration(78% of merger value)and jci(22%) merger on the cards of which aflease will own up to 30% of randgold. rangy and jci own plus minus R2bn of goldfields stock and just sold some south deep prop for R400million. maybe somebody can add a useful comment.
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks masterblaster..at last someone with some usefull coments..yes that is the draw back of this forum, now i understand why it has such a bad name with all the other forums. Was intresting to monitor a few other forums and to relize that they actualy only talk about shares and not other nonsens like so many people here do...ok that is not actualy fair..sorry, i would say about 5-7 members on this forum that take over and spoil everyting.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Firstly the substance of this forum need not compared with the expectation of other forum. My primary objective when joining OST , is to make profit and NOT meet public expectation on the substance of conversation. Secondly, Knowledge /time is a scarce commodity and people who perform many hours of research will not necessary depart with this information . Lastly everyone has a choice, Taurus, why don't you exercise your. "Adios"
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
One down..6 to go..hahaha
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
as the saying goes, empty cans make the most noise...
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
haha ha empty can.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Wow..nobody is as blind as the ones that dont want to see...anyway, anyone else with some usefull input on AFO?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Yes. Need a rope?
0 Kudos
Flippie
Occasional Contributor
John Stepek, London Dear reader, The 'Greenspan put' is alive and well, even as the old man himself tries to drum up publicity for his new book by saying that interest rate cuts won't save the US economy this time. The credit crisis has given 'Helicopter' Ben Bernanke the excuse he's been waiting for to slash US interest rates. Bernanke's been desperate to push the rate cut button since he first heard that US house prices were falling, but couldn't for fear it would destroy his dubious inflation-fighting credentials. Now he's still trying to insist that he cares about inflation, but Tuesdays half-point US rate cut told the markets otherwise. Stocks soared in the US, and the rest of the world followed suit shortly after. There's only one thing for a sensible investor to do. Buy gold, and plenty of it... AFO is a good buy at this stage. The others might already be too expensive.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
I note a little tension on the forum this morn. For what its worth IMO great forum good mix of humour and good advice specifically chartist,john,simon and preston after all need a little fun while you making/losing money keeps us sane. Want serious stuff all the time go somewhere else
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
You took the words right out my mouth.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
I wholeheartedly agree, but don't forget to mention Brazen, she's great!
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Oops and CHATTYCHAT is great as well
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
You might get a quality opinion if you pulled up a quality share. There is nothing in this share, fundamentally or technically, that would make me want to enter a trade at this point in time. Having spent many years with a mining giant, I'm aware that start up mines are expensive and can only start recouping costs when they start pulling something out the ground worth selling, but loss per share constantly on the rise, cash utilised per share on the rise, Debt:Equity ratio way too high in their interim results. Not to mention, looking at TA's this chart is in sell time, not buy time. Surely if they had struck quality ore on their existing mines they'd be pulling it rather than sinking new shafts? If you want to buy gold, go get the real stuff. These guys are still prospecting. OMO. Ask ABuzz, he good with small caps.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Who and were did you work. also were you in gold or somthing else..
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks guys, at last some response...saash i dnt agree with your tehcnical analys..but that my opinion :)
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Need a rope? Empty can hahaha.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Taurus, 4 out of every 5 stocks jumped up yesterday (reason a side). if AFO did not rise or of it rose well below 2,5% that tells me that there is very little interest in the share as that was one of the broardest rallies I have ever seen.
0 Kudos
Tuco
Contributor
Preston, when Taurus says that 5-7 menbers on this forum take over and spoil everything, do you assume he is talking about you?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Tuco. Not Really. I just wanted to piss him off.He has done the same to me several time.
0 Kudos