Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

angloplats

Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
Looks like the bears are setting this one up for a trap
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
Hey SR, explain your logic ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the chart is looking bad, i say short, and cover at R475, first support R480, second support R465
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
looks like a bowl of spagetti, am long from 460 set stop at 480, cant decide if is market correction, but me things will reverse to short after opening
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
you have a big bear flag with small volume now trading side ways and could not break the low on may 7 chances are good for a pull back but could be wrong no 100% here
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Yesterdays candle signifies your big bear thoughts, you have convinced me of a trend reversal today. will be shorting TA for your observations
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
and i'm doing the opposite and going long!(on warrants of course!)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
IMO : - A trend reversal will be followed by change in trend of the EUR/USD. I think this will be the determining factor.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why is this share so defiant, implats was down 5% yesterday afternoon but this was up or unch, and today anglos and bil are sliding but this is still holding
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
The bears Like you to suffer so made a a bit today on anglo similar graph but really thought it would hold out longer than Amplats amplats strenght I thought was weaker than anglo but look at the volume of amplats 35 000 shares ( price will drift up until the volume comes back ) papa bear must first finish his porrage before they go out to play looking at lonmin results and the decline here I am sure plats is going to find it tought when results are announced
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Their interim results are out and they are very poor....Unlike Amplats they don't have a holding company,so have to turn to an unfriendly market to try to rescue themselves.I could never understand their run up till the interim in the first place.They mine the poorest platinum areas.They would have been better off amalgamating with Impala,a deal which was blocked by the European competition several years ago.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i.e. i'm talking of LONMIN of course.
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
look at the volume characteristics on previous down dips. This one is well odd....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
do i close my short at a small loss or wait for further downside
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where are the sellers or bears
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
I wanna short it.... but I will stick to the topi
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
whats the rush take emotion out of this one when did you short if you have cash in your margin account no worries I am not the day trader swing trader so count one candle at a time
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Shorts locked and loaded, stress tests and other rubbish out of the way, I'm now just waiting.
0 Kudos