Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any guess on Cosatu's IQ?

Not applicable
Dinen. send ur mail address and Ill send u an interesting article re ur post.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dinen. This will be a good lesson for you to learn from your mistake. You obviously don't see the bigger picture. "There are solutions for problems". This is when shrewd traders make a killing.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Please explain to me why it was necessary to attack people in the Midcity of Pretoria. One of our clients a white lady were targeted and severely beaten. She's a well qualified lecturer who is problably on her way overseas now. That will really help with the skill shortage and skills develoment. Just the same Black commuters were beaten for trying to commute. Our whole black staff contingent of 6 (none of which is a Cosato member stayed at home)out of fear. The Zimbabwean tactics makes me wonder what's to come for all of us.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
what are you talkin about we have outperformed most economies and ca deficit has very little correlation to performance
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
your ignorance of cultural differences is quite evident...
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
thats like me saying that your people actually believe mm was a virgin, gotta love it
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
The action yesterday will make an intrest rate increase impossible in the near furture,rather use this information to reposition your money to make maximum gains and dont waste your time on events,that you have no contrlo over.........
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
note "similar" ie. commodity-based economies...and consuming more than you produce "has very little correlation to performance"!!! (US vs. China). Btw, under ANC rule, SA has now also become a net food importer.
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
SIMBA, you overestimate the power of rolling mass action ...
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
go to the price charts section on ost open up the chart called alsh go back on the charts as far as possible and actually look at it, too bad i was too young but if you didnt make money from this market then i think you should try something else... im sure you were too busy being negetive around 94, 98, 01
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
mass action is what ended apartheid without civil war, something most developed and civilised nations could not do
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
dont wanna burst your bubble but mass action did not end apartheid but rather sanctions and pressure from the West did.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
keep telling yourself that ... the old government was outwitted ....with non violent means, something that they could not comprehend...while they were waiting for the black man to run in the streets with their ak47's, power was taken with smart political moves from the masses.... in contrast to what you may believe it is colonialist governments that were and still are the violent ever ready to go to war people
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
why should stating some facts always have to equate to "being negetive"?(sic)- are you familiar with the composition of the ALSI and its various drivers and have you checked a Zim shareprice graph lately - now there's a real winner!! oh, and my world didn't start in '94....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
sure no wars in africa all rosy here, whatever pal.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
The old govt. couldn't have been outwitted as there is surely no evidence of any such wit around today? "Non-violent means" - I suppose you exclude the odd necklacing from this definition - and as for people running around with semi-automatic rifles...the fatalities from violent crime in SA today exceed those of countries engaged in civil war...and mass action merely morphed into a country that is ungoverned and ungovernable....
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
topgun i have not denied disappointment in some of the politicians around today and the fact that ther are many things wrong in the country, but i stll think that most of your opinions are extreme and i have noticed that when the markets are down that is when most of negetive posts about the country seem to arise, and i still believe that our politicians are no different from the bushes etc out there, politics, biz, corruption have always gone hand in hand, i think that developed countries are better at hiding it than sa, but you seem to think that this only exists in sa
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Schizo -- mass action is indeed a powerful tool,and if we are to save this country from collapse ,we need to use it right now against this corrupt, ineffective Govt.This ANC Govt. needs saving from itself.All who voted in our new democracy,surely never wanted a Gvt. like this! All of us deserve better than this !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It also started bigger junk than apartheid..............
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dinen...are u a PDA?
0 Kudos