Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anybody going?

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Further to the cautionary announcement released on the Securities Exchange News Service of JSE Limited on 23 October 2007, shareholders are advised that a press conference is scheduled for 2 p.m. on 25 October 2007 at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg. Standard Bank Group shareholders and other interested parties are invited to attend.
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Jeez, Im beginning to really think this is bad news and not good news if they are doing a press conference! Either that or definitely a total buyout of SBK! Any acquisition by them would warrant this would it??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jonny boy me think SBK is going to be eaten buy a bigger shark,why else all the 007 mambo jumbo stuff,not even a roomer.
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
I bounced out yesterday - rumours make me nervous!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
isnt it amazing how some investors just jumped in yesterday after the sens announcement not knowing if its good news or bad news, a bit like putting your money on black or red at the roullette wheel.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Do you realy think they dont know what the news is all about...those where not penny buyers....
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
well if they did thats another case for insider trading like hellkom.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Oh get real..it happens everyday.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
so because it happens all the time we should ignore it. I suppose its like crime happens all the time oh well... get real!
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Nevermind Russian Roulette, a Russian (no, not a sausage!) Bank!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Main rumour for SBK is that a Chinese bank is buying a 20% stake in SBK. Not sure if that is good or bad news. And for all those people who dont believe in insider trading, watch the movie Wall Street with Michael Douglas and Charlie sheen. That is insider trading. Everybody needs to get ahead. its all about how you do it!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
so is it at 2pm or 4pm? sbk staff are been told to watch a special broadcast at 4?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
TZ, it is at 2, the 4pm is an interview with the boss.
0 Kudos