Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

can someone please help!!!!

theyoungster
Super Contributor
hi im a UCT student and a new member to online trading where would i start????? any sugestions would be very helpful!!!!!!! (if you actually know what you doing)
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
Brazen
Super Contributor
I think this is one for Zarpie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He said a UCT student, AND a newbie... both of which would fit the Chartist School Of 1-2-3 Economics entry requirements perfectly :)
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Don't tell me this is BABYBOY with a new SFM account !!!!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You're right! Zarpie, Chartboy and theyoungster - with special guest the poolboy (and his lilo).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Brazen you one cruel *****! Goldfinger you bring out the best and worst in me...I already feel my guiding, protective nurturing hand moving into action...
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
In your honest opinion how are you to gage the level of "knowing what you're doing"? It is rather easy to find out where to start!
1st - Do not listen and then act on what is said on the forum.
2nd - Make sure you go to all SBKs Trading courses, even the paid one's and beef up on you knowledge.
And that is that. No magic bullet, No holy grail....
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Why thank you! (Modest blush)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why thank you! (Not-so-modest Blush)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Welcome to afternoon class! Don't miss the evening class with Professor Zarp!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hi there youngster I ,like yourself have also studied at UCT. Included under the "buy and sell are useful informaton which is provided by SBK. Also whilst sometime you would recieve some sarcastic remark on the shareforum , you can actually learn't alot from these Guy. This report provided by SBK will be a starting platform and alway ask question if you do not know.. Enjoy
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Read a book called Trading in the Zone... get your mind right before trading and don't get emotionally involved (unless you trading SAL ;)).
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes...Can't u read his mind! He was fired from his job and now he's a student...
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
hey preston thankx very much. i shall try that!!!!:-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have a copy - I could come and read you a chapter every night after I tuck you in...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Welcome... you are in the right place at the right time... First thing you do is buy the biggest life cover they will give you at your age it will cost R100 bucks a month and when you buy a house you have to have it. Also it is a sure thing cos I promise you will die. Second Dont trade, you have 50 years of working life ahead and if you think anything is expensive now just wait 50 years to see how cheap it really is, same thing with quality shares and the Key is Quality. South Africa is blessed with a number of these, AGL, BIL the platinum miners SAB any of the banks etc etc.
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
These UCT okes seems to be a bunch of snobs! He cuts straight through everyone's valuable advice and zone straight in to the one who also refers to UCT. tsk, tsk! ;)<
More importantly how do you know if the other person is indeed also from UCT and not just having you on?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I think you tuck into you, not tuck you in
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Preston... was u like also learning to speak the delicious english down there in the UCT? Cos it truly are delicious... would swore you came from the Maties where we also been speaking the delicious engels since we was twice!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Hey D C Trader and Johnny Cash Very interesting. Studied at UCT but based in Johannesburg for the past couple of years.
0 Kudos