Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

current state of the market..

Not applicable
surely this weeks performance.. and today looks like absolute blood bath jumpout of windows type stuff... must be an indication of how distrustful the markets are of the ANC pending leadership. one can't help but believe it would be a different story had Cyril stuck his hand up... sigh!! i fear it may be time to start reducing my property portfolio.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes seems i was wrong about Xhosas winning,how ever must be noted the Zulus seem to be voting solidly for their candidate,so other tribes should watch out!Now when they choose a candidate for President of South Africa either Ramaphosa or Sexwale might have a better chance.Remember now they are only choosing the top job in the ANC,although Zuma will clearly be the major influence and insist they nominate himself for presidental candidate of South Africa!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Markets are down everywhere(courtesy of the good old USA).Everyone on this forum seems paranoid about Zuma,the same way everyone was paranoid about Mbeki taking over from Mandela.Let's hope we have a good bull run under Mbeki's successor as well,once the whole sub-prime issue is behind us.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Who knows all this speculation about "nothing going to change" idea might come back to bite everyone !!!!!!!!!!.ANC Conference looks more like circus than place where sound economic polocies are going to take place.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Are you suggesting the anc (my lowercase) leadership issue is carving swathes out of the Asian, Aussie, US, UK and European exchanges?
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
No not really cause I understand what you are saying but correct me if I am wrong the FTSe is actually up and we are down 2.1%.Surely we are down more in the last few days than other Stock markets.
0 Kudos