Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

gap clos anyone?

scandal
Super Contributor
who thinks the gap to the down side might close today?
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
john_1
Super Contributor
I do.. and if I am wrong I will be long.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
the Key level is 20250 OMO
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
John? Is there anything to read into the fact that we have an open gap down from Friday and an open gap up today and the buggers practically straddle each other? How does one read this? or not? Anyway, I'm pretty certain we'll see a close today but then we could have a huge rally
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey guys Could you please educate me on what share you are trading to capitalize on the gap?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Nova.. Gaps close because of emotion... sure there is a massive resistance at 20250 and a breech would indicate upside..But the emotion is caused by the massive jump up on very little news making the shorts soil themselves..So I always ask were is the emotion..and I trade against it...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...I dont mind if you plagiarize my quotes....the least you can do is get them right though....its "where there is the extremes of emotion..." emotion is ubiquitous...only the extremes count in gap trading
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
well guys we certainly got thos extremes out there today... DOW goes from -280 on the weekend to +400 on futures today. On the other hand the CBOE VIX is at a staggering 69.95 and most worrying of all the O/N LIBOR is still too high at 2.4688 with 3-MONTH LIBOR at a very expensive 4.8188. My interpretation is that the LIBOR says the bankers want to beleave the promises but they're not quite convinced, not by a long shot. Either way I reckon the VIX says we're going to see some wild swings happening this week
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh Chartist I have been such a loyal follower of your every word for so long I no longer know my own thoughts from yours...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Island Bottom or do I lack faith??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its the ALSI, based on the Top 40. OST does not have the facility to trade this , but you can download the software at www.dwt.co.za and check it out there. to open an account, phone Pieter 021 9146465. Margin is R19k if Im correct, per contract at R10 per point,long or short.Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Whats up with these sqeezes developing mid Gap..this is now the third is a row
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Is this the end of the down cycle or is it just another bounce... i think this week will be very tricky as it looks promising but covered by a cloud of smoke. so do as you please but get out before its too late cos theres a storm a coming... hahahaha
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Georgem, this does help a lot!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
well thank God I saw the bottom pattern at 10 am, thank God for overnight trades with no risk! Thank God I am the bird and not the worm.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Come on DOW go for the big 10%
0 Kudos
Not applicable
No storm her clear skys
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, looks like the DOW is gonna do it
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John, don't mind Chartist. He knows you live under his shadow and therefore takes advantage of this fact. Just ignore him.
0 Kudos