Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

i guess im out of this chat room

Not applicable
feels like im talking to myself or maybe im a bit sloweer in the way i think or question the market - guess i will b a fly on the wall til i find someone to talk to
0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Not applicable
I'm one of the flies on the wall. Thought I'd let you know that you should not stop as I am sure that many others follow all the forumites discussions. Incidentally you have made money for me before. Tx
0 Kudos
CAPITALIST_RUNN
Frequent Contributor
Do you think its an inverse head and shoulders forming?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
#What is your Question LN. I guess most of the forumites is saddened by the state of the market and are possibly thinking how to make money in all of these doom and gloom.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I'm out too for now. What was witty and fun is now vitriolic, bitter, negative and cretinous. If I really want that I'll spend time with my mother-in-law.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes brazen...there just isn't the same quality any more...somehow it used to be more entertaining....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
ANY computer boffins want to start a blog let me know if u can for the fun traders who understand that u can lose but can help each other with insight
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
thats what happens when people bring in politics on a forum such as this one, as you say it use to be more entertaining when we had the likes of babyface, zarp, aceshigh, im getting all nostalgic now i think ill go get the 2 ply now.sob
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Didn't babyface get hisself whacked by Skala?
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Agreed. Too many people peddling their political views and deep set anger here. Now LN... didint i tell you there was more downside to AGL. Didnt you go and read the tea leaves or visit the sangoma like i told you??
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I couldn't agree more.....all we want is just some light-hearted fun. Stuff all the random executions of innocent people, the rape of their loved ones, the genocide of white farmers, the exodus of skills, the lack of electricity, the increasing pollution of our inland water reservoirs with untreated human waste, the uncontrolled influx of refugees, etc. This will have no effect on the market, SA will prosper regardless and we are in any event powerless to do anything about it, so why discuss it? In many instances, BEE deals are severely prejudicial to minority shareholders, but who cares? If you draw some lines, check the volumes and have a conviction that doesn't stretch beyond 4 hours, why care? Previously, we could engage in joyful banter, the forum was full of intelligent economic and fundamental analysis and comments, experts regularly provided their views on the relative investment merits of individual stocks....alas the quality has deteriorated.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am always a optimistic guy.As long as i got Project Director, i am in for the long haul however i will be missing in action from 23 jan till the 4 of Feb.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am always a optimistic guy.As long as i got Project Director, i am in for the long haul however i will be missing in action from 23 jan till the 4 of Feb.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Speaking objectivity ,Topgun never use to be like this. I should actually enjoy reading his post but somewhere , somehow this dude changed. I have got a funny feeling that it is someone else that is posting these stuff using his "name". Finally will the "real Topgun Please Stand Up"
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
chartist,honestly you are just missing our friend John. Please slip him an e-mail telling him that you are sorry and we miss him.
0 Kudos
juliette
Occasional Contributor
I have a confession, P....I got hold of him during the festive season...he is probably still in mourning. How can anybody in this marvelous country of ours be so cynical....I mean really! Here I thought it is all milk and honey (with the occasional bloody murder such as the french chef in Ramsgate - burned alive I believe), and he comes along and shatters my dreams. Shame on you, TG!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
what i have noticed is that on this forum people are quick to respond to cr@p and political jargon and sometimes when decent relevant post are posted a lot of them are ignored. I am here to make a profit from my trading and dont need to be reminded of all the political going ons is SA or the rest of world for that matter i can talk politics as well as the next guy but sh"t man i have dstv with several channels feeding enough politcal garbage per day to satisfy the most ardent political fundi, if i want political information this is the last place i will look for the relevant breaking news. And even when the political news is of relevance to the market as it sometimes is and a post is made on this forum it always degenerates into hate speech and derogatory comments.Enough already!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
my point exactly...let's just trade for today, while we can...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Ok smartie pants while we can. LOL
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Topgun..now that remark is funny.
0 Kudos