Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

is it to late to get in ?

Not applicable
I have 60k to invest and a friend said that mrf is my best bet, but this was when it was trading at R1,80. would it be to late to climb in or is there still a lot value in this share?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
If you are gonna take friends advice an trade then you are looking for trouble
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
mkadir,gees no birthday wishes from u ,bro
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
If Merafe goes past R2.25 and all other technical factors are good, then I would buy. In the short term there is a strong possibility change of some downside. If you do not know the stock market, first learn about it, put your money in cash, unit trusts or something you know about. When you are ready then invest in the stock market.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have made about 15k in a year on small trades like sim,aft,acc,rbx,etc. The problem is I have the cash sitting in my account and I want to use it to maximize my returns.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
But seriously Mkadir,if you had any friends would you take their advice?
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Ah! Russ seems you read Dale Carnegie's book "How To Win Friends and Influence people"

Good one, Thanks
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Havn't read it.Waiting for Mel Gibson to make a movie of it. Just pulling Mk's leg!
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Mk has friends... costs him a fortune... ;)
0 Kudos
Hedgehog
Frequent Contributor
Hi Tester Well if you have 15k and you have made money from trades then Merafe is a good option. The only issue is to time your entry. There is resistance at R2.15 and the R2.25. I see that it has now reversed from R2.22 to R2.17. If it goes past R2.25 then I will be more confident. It has support at R1.95 and if it drops through there the next target is R1.75. I am not convinced the downturn is over, so if you have to buy now, have a tight stop loss.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks Grubber Kick
0 Kudos
muc
Contributor
I think this is a great buy, even at 215,ferochrome is rocketing
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
imio: I would only work with R15K and go for MRF. Not all in one share!! Even if your interest generating enviro has depleted the tax free portion of interest earnings, I'd still put the remainder in an interest generating environment and wait for the present market see-saw to come to rest. Watch banks (I suppose you've been watching everything, based on your previous trades)- they were jumping like foreworks only 72 hours ago, today you can't see the horizon. By the way, your'e going to be taxed on your trading profits!@*^%&
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Merafe keep going you beautie, should have put the full 60k in this one.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I'm making 30% on Merafe..its at its high again, should I sell or is there more steam left in this one?
0 Kudos