Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

lazy trade confirmation?

Not applicable
Simon, I think you just got the confirmation you needed for your lazy trading system - only problem is we will have to take out a position over the weekend on an instrument that only has about 110 days left (TOPSBS). Any suggestions how we could trade it? I am sitting it out (same thing happened last week!)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
TOPIX
Regular Contributor
Have a look at TOPDWU.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks for that - do you know the link to their warrants matrix? I can't seem to find the RSA website anymore.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
DWU is a wave, not a warrant. It has a strike value at which it strike to zero (dead, gone, scratched, deleted etc.) and your entire investment is gone. BEWARE
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
Topix, do you know what happened to DB's info on waves which used to be on their website. I see the x-markets page where it's supposed to be doesn't even have SA on the country list anymore. I can't even find info on their vanilla warrants. Any ideas where I can look? Thanks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
skaaptjop, a couple of thorts .. firstly why are you worried about the weekend ?? this system will put you in a trade for weeks on end (potentially) .. you mashing other peoples worries/theories about holding over the weekend with this one.
Also, the system triggered both of the past 2 fridays, but never confirmed which is the second day also being in the same direction (down in this case), and that is your entry.
An you say you "sitting out" ?? based on what ?? if the system says buy.sell your job is to respond. Sitting out says you don't trust the system, yourself, the market or something.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hi Simon, I am not sitting out because of the system, I am sitting out because I lack the instrument to trade it. Top SPS only has a bout 100 days left, which is making me a bit nervous. Is 4% weekly decay OK to trade with? I would lose 1% over the weekend. And thanks for the pointer - Friday is just the trigger.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
100 days is plenty, longest trade this system ever gave was about 70 days, but the average is closer to 20 and in current conditions even less. Anything more then 90 days is fine. Time decay, no worries. 4% about as good as it'll get
0 Kudos
boing
Frequent Contributor
I used to look at their live TOP40 futures, but you are right. Cannot even open the site for SA anymore. Anywhere else I can find live top40 futures movements without too much heavy registration.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, do you think it's OK to use STXQ as instrument for this?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos