Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

look for a huge rally.....

john_1
Super Contributor
Yes of course the esteemed chartist could not possibly be wrong.. acording to my chart the FTSE never came close to 5000 bar,close or other wise on the 25 sept as you claim.. Dont worry chartist we get the point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John...u have it all wrong my pugilistic friend...the 5000 level does not refer to a level on that day (25th)....it refers to a target level which when you extend the line across the tops forms the resistance for today...get it?...this is very basic stuff,,,quite frankly I am surprised...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I got that...I still think its 5058 that counts..But lets just say we both agree that there is a good chance that we rally.. if there is price action to confirm it..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
finally....err I think that is what is commonly referred to as being a ***** for a tick....if the netnanny is active that word was short for Richard
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You two are like an old married couple... Just Gayer
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John this illustrates why accountants make useless traders...try and think... in the minds of most traders where (clearly) there seems to be some ambiguity as to what exactly the level in question is which level will be more significant?....1) one where closes are used as opposed to spikes and a really significant symbolic number which (co coincidently) lines up with a line drawn across the closes?.......or a number which John the 1 contract trader has decided is the level? The fact that you have to even argue about this is beyond me.....I know I am a stickler for details but details where they matter....TA is an imperfect science of human behavior....as you may have gathered I have finished for the day ....I don't like trading Fridays
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ah ....I see what u have done now...you have drawn a simple horizontal line....no man you cant just do that as there is no multiple resistance there...u have to draw a line sloping down across the highs ...I will make it simple for you connect 19, 25 Sep and 2 Oct highs (on the close of whatever timeframe u choose)...then extarpolate out a bit to around a few hours from now and all will be revealed....resistance lines can only be drawn across across 2 or more points...pref 3
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats hilarious....only thing is now John isnt going to reply here....hes gonna be emailing me the whole afternoon...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Or you can simply trade the price.. The Alsi price that is..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
DOW rally looks like it's already starting to stall. The pain is that the vote probably won't happen until every exchange east of NY has closed and then we stew over the weekend
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
amazing! It looks like Industrials and Base Metals that are lifting us. I wonder why?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
take no overnight position... trust me have had my lesson the hard way..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Ja boet, I ain't touching this thing, it's about as calm as a puffadder on a hot rock. I ain't doing nuthing untill I can see next week
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Nova you got an e-mail add i can send you some info on?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
God I am glad I made my profit early on.....this would be a nightmare to trade......
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
hey Chartist looks like 5000 on ftse will be reached.. you still think it will drag us higher ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yeah...but we running outta time.....it will happen while the market is closed....I will not be taking the chance though
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
scandal, use [email protected] Chartist? How was that setup on the DOW man? I'm so very glad I stayed out of this. DAX and FTSE are going to tank Monday if this continues. That whole rally was just bitterenders getting out on the bounce. Lets see where the DOW closes?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why a nightmare to trade ???? This was real easy money C ! FSTE lead we follow easy !
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Hennie? you better think about this one! He is right! See my post at the bottom
0 Kudos