Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

market liking

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
US jobs data .. so end of world cancelled again ..
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
gareth01
Regular Contributor
keep dreaming that US - they still got plenty of jobs to lose, but what can the FED really do about it???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
more importantly, are prices going up down or sideways ??
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
....trade the price ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
indeed .. and lately our market is doing the 26k-29k tango ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
US consumers don't buy anymore, they are loosing jobs just like here, charts look ominous, budget deficits everywhere blah blah blah. Who's gonna sustain global growth - China? One way people and that is - down. So shorting is the name of the game now.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Sorry I couldnt resist - wont happen again. LOL
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, no, maybe .. problem is it is not going down ?? so now what ?? we blindly short, we wait or we trade the price ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, I need people to be saying it all the time, so I can retire to a hill by the beach ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
In this case the bounces.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Plots in Kenton, Port Alfred and Kleinemonde have certainly coem down a bit...although you may have to make your own plan for a bit of water. It will be a long time before I can retire....doesn't matter what I trade. I think I enjoy my work a bit too much.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
maybe, but you can't know that until after the event .. goes back to having a plan an trading the plan without bias or noise ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hey all u negative people.The bottom of this correction is in place.We are going up.Dont say i did not worn u.Stop going short.Go long tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I hope so - looking for a bounce to do some shorting.
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
Dude, you need to get a refund on that crystal ball...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I love my crystal ball. Let's rather say my crystal ball says to play it save and don't go countertrend as the trend is my friend!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Forget the crystal ball.Go to cna and buy yourself a SU DOKU book.Play a lot of SU DOKU to get sharp.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
This year has been a short term traders market. Even guys keeping shares for one or two weeks at a time has found it difficult to outplay this market. Long term TOP40 blue chips probably earned you close to 0% on share prices this year, so the divi's is a huge plus in current market conditions. This will remain until we have more certianty on where the global economy is headed. In the meantime keep those pencils sharp for when we start climbing the wall of worry again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I agree with you.
0 Kudos