Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

mrket being driven in an unexpected way

Not applicable
Predictions were for a surge upwards today, but it is falling down
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well that's because everybody thinks we follow the US .. but maybe the US follows us ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I reckon the retail figure has finally sunk in. People realise they're not getting any Christmas presents this year.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Also JSE fairly driven by Gold and Plat at the moment. They're all tanking so dragging other sectors down?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
huh .. what took them so long to figure it out ?? out drinking ?? in this day markets respond immediately or not at all ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Caught a small clip on Bloomberg this morning mentioning BRIC countires stocks are overvalued at current levels. Heard mention of SA. Simon, is there anyway for us to gauge the net outflow of foreign investment in SA securities?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
JSE publishes the data on their website, hunt around and you'll find it ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sharp. Found it, but infortunately 1 week delay. So if I am correct in the interpretation, net foreign investment inflow of 3.5bill last week (about 6.5% of total). I would love to know whats happening this week... Maybe, with all the upbeatness going on in the states the guys are pulling back and going back into U.S equities?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
maybe, but unlikely that there would be a swing that quick without major issues .. and rand suggests money flowing into SA an that money mostly goes into equity or bonds ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
USD index low, perhaps just USD weakness making ZAR look good. Hows the volumes today? Small? Could be everyone waiting for possible pullback on US market this afternoon? That 10k on Dow yest was so forced. They even handed out preprinted Dow 10k hats on the trading floors of the NYSE to get the vibe going! Gotta love Americans.
0 Kudos